Turn on thread page Beta

Poll 1: Political affiliation and sexuality watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why is it being less tolerant of homosexuality by disagreeing with reducing the age of consent to 16? When people opposed reducing the heterosexual limit to 16 did people accuse them of being less tolerant of heterosexuality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Why is it being less tolerant of homosexuality by disagreeing with reducing the age of consent to 16? When people opposed reducing the heterosexual limit to 16 did people accuse them of being less tolerant of heterosexuality?
    Its got nothing to do with the actual age, its to do with equality. Why should there be a different age for heterosexuals and homosexuals?

ReputationRep:
    Because Homosexuality is something more confusing to decipher than heterosexuality. Non straight People at 16 very often aren't sure about their sexuality and this law opens them up to exploitation by older men.

I've seen it happen.

ReputationRep:
    Because Homosexuality is something more confusing to decipher than heterosexuality. Non straight People at 16 very often aren't sure about their sexuality and this law opens them up to exploitation by older men.

I've seen it happen.
    One should NOT be discriminated against because of their sexuality. Period.

ReputationRep:

I've seen it happen.
    Sure you have

Interesting in how almost every debate youre in, you've seen it happen, with your own eyes. Seriously, your apparent life experiences would make gangsters in the Bronx feel like pussies :rolleyes:

I agree with Luke, all sex is dangerous, and if heterosexuals can make an informed and intelligent decision about sex at 16, then so can homosexuals...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    Sure you have

Interesting in how almost every debate youre in, you've seen it happen, with your own eyes. Seriously, your apparent life experiences would make gangsters in the Bronx feel like pussies :rolleyes:

I agree with Luke, all sex is dangerous, and if heterosexuals can make an informed and intelligent decision about sex at 16, then so can homosexuals...
    Absolutley. I agree with that!

BTW Northumbrain.... doesn't the 'wonderful' RESPECT party believe in equality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke88)
    Absolutley. I agree with that!

BTW Northumbrain.... doesn't the 'wonderful' RESPECT party believe in equality?
    Is this Labour and the Tories preaching equality to RESPECT?? :eek:

You should be ashamed, Northumbrian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    Is this Labour and the Tories preaching equality to RESPECT?? :eek:

You should be ashamed, Northumbrian!
    I think he's just a bit confused what he believes in right now, he's obviously split when it comes to fundamental civil liberties. He likes to pick and chose...

He really is unpredictable, in future he will certainly be a big-state guy, but as for his social standing I don't have a clue!

ReputationRep:
    Equality for Muslims and thats final! - RESPECT!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.