Potential way to make money Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey people,
I've come up with the following idea. Every year countless people are disqualified as a result of getting points on their driving licenses from speeding.

When you are caught speeding, the registered owner of the car is sent a letter asking them to declare who was driving the car. My idea is this. For a fee of around £60 to £80 a point, I would allow them to claim it was me who was driving. I would accumulate some points on an otherwise clean license and potentially make a tidy sum of money.

I was thinking of auctioning of points on my license on Ebay.

Any thoughts?

Ed
matouwah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hahahahah......wtf u being serious? are u drunk? do u want to work in capital when u get older?
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
also...is that not kind of illegal???

G
the g
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
i too figured out a good way of making money. stabbing students in nottingham and taking their wallets while they wallow in their own intestines on a sidewalk.
azz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
Hey people,
I've come up with the following idea. Every year countless people are disqualified as a result of getting points on their driving licenses from speeding.

When you are caught speeding, the registered owner of the car is sent a letter asking them to declare who was driving the car. My idea is this. For a fee of around £60 to £80 a point, I would allow them to claim it was me who was driving. I would accumulate some points on an otherwise clean license and potentially make a tidy sum of money.

Any thoughts?

Ed
it's impossible for that to work because unless you are insured on the vehicle in question (which you won't be) you will then be charged with driving without adequate insurance which i think you can be fined something along the lines of £1000 (however you cannot be imprisoned) and probably get your license revoked.

ps. don't say you'll just get the owner to add you to the insurance because a) this will cost them a lot more than the cost of the fine and b) a new computer system has been established where the police can easily discover the date you were added to the insurance register and thus they can, and will, rumble you're plan.

nice try though mate
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But tendol could ask him own insurance company to cover him for driving other peoples cars thirs party too...
marshal
Report 16 years ago
one word....fraud
hossy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry M8 but you must be stupid! People shouldn't speed in the first place, so dont encourage people to do so! Maybe U should try to remove this thread incase someone blames you for their accident....if thats possible....mind you anything in this day and age is possible!
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
But tendol could ask him own insurance company to cover him for driving other peoples cars thirs party too...
Yeah, my insurance says I can drive any car not owned by me. (Third party cover only).
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But your insurance would go up massivley if you are young and get speeding points. You would end up paying loads.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lolz that's such a cute thought.
AlexDowning
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, you do that ... very smart way to make money Im sure you'll be a millionaire
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by the g)
i too figured out a good way of making money. stabbing students in nottingham and taking their wallets while they wallow in their own intestines on a sidewalk.
Because of all the people living in Nottingham, students have the most money.... :rolleyes:

And as far as I'm aware we don't have sidewalks in Nottingham...they're called 'pavements'.
AlexDowning
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by .NK)
Because of all the people living in Nottingham, students have the most money.... :rolleyes:

And as far as I'm aware we don't have sidewalks in Nottingham...they're called 'pavements'.
hahahahaha yes ..
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Despite some bugger giving me negative nep, and several people slating me, earlier today I received £380 in exchange for 2 points on my license.

Many thanks all for your wise words of support and encouragement.
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Despite some bugger giving me negative nep, and several people slating me, earlier today I received £380 in exchange for 2 points on my license.

But thats totally illegal! And if you get found out then you'll be fined more than that...
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Did you pass your test less than 2 years ago? if you did then you loose your licence if you get more than 6 points. £380 - what a random figure how did you agree on that??
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, I've only got 6 points on my licence for another year and a bit. I can't afford to sell any!
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey people,

Any thoughts?

Ed
How about this -

Get caught for speeding and give the name and address of a friend who lives abroad and preferably outside the E.U.

The police will not follow it up as it is too much hassle. Even if they did all your friend needs to do is say they were driving and so what? I know people that have done this countless times.
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
How about this -

Get caught for speeding and give the name and address of a friend who lives abroad and preferably outside the E.U.

The police will not follow it up as it is too much hassle. Even if they did all your friend needs to do is say they were driving and so what? I know people that have done this countless times.
Yes but he doesn't make money out of that, its not him who is speeding but other people.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (2)
28.57%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
14.29%
No- I want it (3)
42.86%
No- I don't want it (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads