This discussion is closed.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
As I said you wouldnt have been insured to drive the car cant you get done for driving without insurance? Which could make you lose your license and give you a fine. I dont understand
This is a slight technicality, but I am the person whose name is on the policy for my gfs Merc A Class. I go halves with her and her family for that (she hasn't past yet, has her third test in Feb). And like most policies, it covers me for 3rd party in any car I drive with the owners permission.

So I was insured.
Tednol
Rep:
?
(Original post by DanMushMan)
plus how long do points last? I don't know, but say 2 years is already £240 in extra insurance.
Actually it's 2 and a half years during which I'm only on my dad's insurance when I'm home and wanting to drive. We add me to his policy on the weeks I'll be driving.

And you missed me saying that I have always only paid £10 a month for cover in the Volvo. That isn't changing.
DanMushMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
Actually it's 2 and a half years during which I'm only on my dad's insurance when I'm home and wanting to drive. We add me to his policy on the weeks I'll be driving.

And you missed me saying that I have always only paid £10 a month for cover in the Volvo. That isn't changing.
what about on the merc?
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Are you sure you are insured? On my policy only the main driver (me) is insured to drive another car third party. My named drivers (mum and dad) arent included on that they are only insured to drive my car and no other car third party or otherwise.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
The points on my license are 'goods' for which there is a high demand for a low supply. Go figure!
Hmmmm, kind of like a university education.

so why should people pay for your license points if you don't want to pay for your education?
Tednol
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
Hmmmm, kind of like a university education.

so why should people pay for your license points if you don't want to pay for your education?
I'd very much enjoy reading where you came up with the idea I don't want to pay for my university education. Maybe you could draw my attention to where I said I "don't want to pay for my education"? I do want to pay. And I can't see why, like the private school sector, universities aren't free to set fees up to £20k a year.

Point is, I think the Bill passed yesterday is laughable. If it gives universities more money it is nothing more than a token gesture and will not raise the £10 billion needed.
Tednol
Rep:
?
(Original post by DanMushMan)
what about on the merc?
The year's cover runs from 1/3/2003 to 1/3/2004. Presuming Debz passes, I won't be the named driver on the next policy. I won't even need to be covered.

Hence, there is only one installment for the current policy to pay.
Tednol
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
Are you sure you are insured? On my policy only the main driver (me) is insured to drive another car third party. My named drivers (mum and dad) arent included on that they are only insured to drive my car and no other car third party or otherwise.
I'm the main driver. The Merc policy is currently in my name. I'm sure I'm covered.

Anyway, as far as I know, they don't check you are insured following a speeding incident? Police don't ask explicitly for details.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (384)
67.13%
No (188)
32.87%

Watched Threads