The Student Room Group

Why do girls like confident guys?

Whats so attractive about a guy thats super confident?

what do you think of guys that are not so confident? is that unattractive?

Scroll to see replies

I love cocky guys. LOVE.

(to an extent obviously)
Well no one loves a shy guy.
Reply 3
Anonymous

a guy that is confident is sexy! a guy that is not confident tends to be clingy
Reply 4
Anonymous

because its boring for a girl if she can walk all over you. and no, its not unattractive, to an extent it can be endearing :smile:
Anonymous

Confident guys are confident because they have something to be confident about. Such as money, looks or a large cock.

Unconfident guys are losers who rightly have nothing to be confident about.
D:

This week has been a bad week in H&R. :emo:

My thoughts on this are that when you're confident, your personality sort of radiates from you, so ladies get to know you not just from what you say, but also how you say it, how you carry yourself etc. You get so much more information.

And as we all know, knowledge is sexy. :ahee:
+ polarity -

lol, why?
Reply 8
You can have more fun with a confident guy cus they have more confindence in themselves, like what they look like and what other people think about them doesn't bother them, they're just happy in their own skin. Someone who cares about these things will have low self confidence and will most probably be untrustworthy of the girl bcause they have no confidence that they are good enough for the girl and will think the girl will stray. I'm most probs wrong but that's my guess :wink:
Reply 9
Confidence is sexy
Makes you see all their good points cause they put them forward
But there's a line between confidence and cockiness
Same reason guys like confident girls it's just awkward an reaaallyy annoying when they go all insecure.
If they cant find a reason to like themselves how can we find something to like about them.
Reply 11
Confidence is a trait that shows mental strength.

Perhaps triggers instincts in girls to have the strongest men as partners (the 'alpha males') not just physically of course but mentally.

Which may be why a lot of guys have a thing for 'shy girls' - they're complementary pairings, and they look to 'protect' their partners.
The-Real-One
lol, why?

Really, really awful threads.

Just look at some of the questions from this week.

They just make me, :colonhash:.

Spoiler

Confidence = sexy
Unconfidence = awkwardness. And no one likes awkwardness.
Reply 14
+ polarity -
D:

My thoughts on this are that when you're confident, your personality sort of radiates from you, so ladies get to know you not just from what you say, but also how you say it, how you carry yourself etc. You get so much more information.

And as we all know, knowledge is sexy. :ahee:

:yes: I agree with this. With shy guys, it takes longer to actually know them, if they dont talk much or intiate anything, we dont really get to see thier true personalities, and it also feels like we're doing all the work.
Sometimes its fun to take the lead, but it does get tiring and boring, i dont want to feel like im their mother and mould them in to what i want.
But saying that, i do like both confident and shy guys, i dont know, there is something really attractive about shy guys too, but i would expect them to become confident after getting to know me.
+ polarity -
Really, really awful threads.

Just look at some of the questions from this week.

They just make me, :colonhash:.

Spoiler

lol, i has just contributed.
my order of preference

quietly confident
shy
outwardly confident
chronically shy
arrogant.
SugaSuga
:yes: I agree with this. With shy guys, it takes longer to actually know them, if they dont talk much or intiate anything, we dont really get to see thier true personalities, and it also feels like we're doing all the work.

I said something right? :lovedup:

It's strange, because I am one of these shy guys :rofl: but I have... periods of confidence :s-smilie:

My first year of uni was... weird :mmm:

edit: In fact, I'd say I was confident by default, but uni pushed me back into my shell. :beard:

The-Real-One
lol, i has just contributed.

:lol:

I don't even bother, I :colonhash: from a distance. :colonhash:
Girls like confident guys because they all secretly know they are inferior to men and feel the need to protected. Proof women are lesser beings.
Reply 19
i like shy guys, but girls don't like having to initiate everything, so i guess too shy can be a bit annoying. but yeah, shy is good so long as you still do what you want. (ie don't wait for girls to initiate kissing and what not)

Quick Reply

Latest