?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Any advice?
Aaaaaaaargh!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They make you do an interview?! That's unfortunate, I was just told I was Deputy Head and that was that, I don't think I could stomach an interview xD

Q: "there are Year 11s misbehaving in the corridor. How do you deal with the situation?"

A: In reality I'd ignore it and move on, maybe tell them to STFU if it was particularly bad or if there were visitors around...But an interview answer would probably be attempt to stop them messing about and then inform a teacher; or report it to a teacher immediately.

Q: "What qualities do you think a good head boy should possess?"

A: Integrity, enthusiasm, humour, respect for others, the list really can go on. Basically, the idea of a Head and deputies is to act as a bridge between teachers and students, so communication skills are vital; but more importantly you have to be respected by others, you have to make people listen to your voice or to pass on a request or whatever.

Any other tips? Na, just generic interview tips like be yourself and all that....

Best of luck, PM me if you want/need anything else.
sam.day
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Role of the head pupils are to be good bridges between staff and students, as already said - so you have to highlight your good rapport with staff and ability to represent young people well.

Most importantly to come across as a charismatic personality, a leader... someone your peers and the rest of the school can respect and look up to without thinking you're up yourself or a weirdo. Confidence and likeability are two major things so acting like a nice guy with your head screwed on and command during the interview are key, look them in the eye, have a sense of humour and smile, relax and don't mumble or talk crap. Honesty in the face of a ridiculous or hard question is probably a good idea!

Saying that, I went through a hardcore 4-stage competition + interview process and ended up getting Deputy, so don't listen to me hahaha good luck!
Zeento
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey.. Im head girl at school.. just be confident and show that you are because that's what they want. Also, show them you have vision for the school, give them some of your ideas, what you would like to change around school, what you think you could offer, tell them how you would be a good link between students and staff, how you get on with the people at school and would be able to influnce changes.

Good luck be confident and you'll be fine
charlotte-rose
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They ask pretty simple questions, if you're seen as a responsible, active member of the school community and/or have a parent on the faculty you'll get it
Bridget2461
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Other questions could include "how would you cope with the workload and your studies?" "what kind of things do you see yourself achieving in the next school year?" "why did you want to go for the position?" And in my interview I was (slightly rudely) asked who I would like to see as the two deputies if I got the post/who I would like to see as the Head Girl if I didn't get the post. So look out for something like that, I just answered honestly and gave my reasoning.

Edit: I got deputy by the way
coolmushroom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
At my school they asked what would you do if a Muslim girl came in wearing a head scarf that controvened school rules.
sam.day
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by coolmushroom)
At my school they asked what would you do if a Muslim girl came in wearing a head scarf that controvened school rules.
DAYUM that's a dodgy question.
Zeento
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by coolmushroom)
What did you say? I'm a muslim girl wearing a head scarf who is head girl herself lol..
kosy91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oh interview???? i dunno....i was just told i was made deputy head boy.and i slowly learnt everything from the head boy

over the two years, i learnt that its quite important to bridge the gap between students and teachers.

and you need to lead from the front
Libtolu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if everyone does what you say either out of respect or fear you have the qualities to keep them in line which is basically what head boys or girls are for.
Sequin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Memories... i was head girl.

Just be yourself.. the teachers will know you.
To some extent I think the teachers already know who will win. They did at my school.

Just be confident, its more about how you present yourself that what you actually say.
khaa9666
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
aaaaw mummy and daddy must be soooo very proud
Shelly_x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by examined)
My school's catholic :L
So was mine, we still had Muslims attending it though.
Aaaaaaaargh!
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by examined)
So well I got the job
Wuuh, careful! It's not a job, it's an appointment. It sounds pedantic but those who see it as a "job" usually end up either burnt-out or hated by everyone :P

But congratulations, a worthy cause to celebrate I had my last event as Deputy Head tonight at Prize-giving and I've thoroughly enjoyed my year in the role, I hope you do too
CuriousGL
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am one of the nominee for head prefect.However, tomorrow shall be my interview with pupil development teachers.Any advice?:confused:
Hafsa_Amreen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What Questions Would I Ask In The Interview Of Head Girl?
loltany
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
[QUOTE=Aaaaaaaargh!;26130083]They make you do an interview?! That's unfortunate, I was just told I was Deputy Head and that was that,

Q: "there are Year 11s misbehaving in the corridor. How do you deal with the situation?"

A: In reality I'd ignore it and move on, maybe tell them to STFU if it was particularly bad or if there were visitors around...But an interview answer would probably be attempt to stop them messing about and then inform a teacher; or report it to a teacher immediately.

Q: "What qualities do you think a good head boy should possess?"

A: Integrity, enthusiasm, humour, respect for others, the list really can go on. Basically, the idea of a Head and deputies is to act as a bridge between teachers and students, so communication skills are vital; but more importantly you have to be respected by others, you have to make people listen to your voice or to pass on a request or whatever.

Any other tips? Na, just generic interview tips like be yourself and all that....

Best of luck, PM me if you want/need anything else.[/QUOTE I have a head girl interview on tuesday 19th july 2016
johnsnyasha
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
really wow wht did you say
Quolene singh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same here .... actually I m standing for the post of cultural secretary and tomorrow is my interview... nothing to worry ..just be yourself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise