?
Report 13 years ago
as long as you relax you'll be fine
james101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
im going on a week day so if it ok to wear white trainers to a club?
JonnyB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Depends on the dress code, if it's a student night you should be fine, as long as they aren't those Converse trainers.

Man they suck.
james101
Rep:
?
Im probaly going to get those adidas ones, the stan smith style ones.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I share in the hatred of Converses.

Wear what you want within reason, preferably get a good deal of booze in you at the pub (saves money and bar-waiting time when you get to club) and you'll be fine.
Cortez
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ive never been to a club either. I kinda want to but at the same time i dont. I doubt i would dance and i really dont know what i would do lol.
james101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cortez)
Ive never been to a club either. I kinda want to but at the same time i dont. I doubt i would dance and i really dont know what i would do lol.
where do you go with friends when you go out?
dogtanian
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by james101)
im going on a week day so if it ok to wear white trainers to a club?

If I don't know the dress code, I always wear simple shoes, just plat pumps, but I suppose that might be difficult for blokes. I dunno, blokes who dress up always look more 'dressed up'. It's easier to have a happy medium for girls.

Has the venue been decided? If it has, ask your work friends about the dress code. If you don't want to say you've never been clubbing, just say that you've not been to that particular club/club night. If not, perhaps it's a good idea to track down shoes that don't look wedding/funeral/court date, just in case...
james101
Rep:
?
He knows i dont go to clubs but says i should go, im probaly not gonna go as so many people are going aswell if it was only a few then i would.
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why don't you go? it could possibly be a life changing disco dancing decision.

dogtanian
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He knows i dont go to clubs but says i should go, im probaly not gonna go as so many people are going aswell if it was only a few then i would.

In that case... just ask about the dress code. And if he knows that you don't nrmally go, you won't feel the need to act as if you do. Even better!
~Raven~
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My guy mates hadn't been clubbing til recently either, and they usually wear jeans, a shirt and some scruffy all purpose black shoes. Don't worry too much about the dress code, just don't wear trainers!
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I used to be shy of clubs before I went, now I quite like them and I am in the process of setting up my own club night I wear Jeans, a t-shirt and trainers, most the decent clubs don't really have dress codes in Manchester, the irony is the clubs with strict dress codes are often full of chavs.

One of the clubs in Manchester (42nd Street) even turn people away if they are wearing a shirt.

Its not just Manchester either, in Brighton I had trainers, a t-shirt and jeans and I got into all the clubs. In fact I have never been turned down once, (apart from baba when I was out with uni mates).

Edit all the clubbing I have been done has been in student places though, Manchester, Brighton, Edinburgh and Dublin.
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
I used to be shy of clubs before I went, now I quite like them and I am in the process of setting up my own club night I wear Jeans, a t-shirt and trainers, most the decent clubs don't really have dress codes in Manchester, the irony is the clubs with strict dress codes are often full of chavs.
again, so true for Nottingham.

good clubs = no dress code

**** clubs = full on dress code

i've NEVER worn a shirt or shoes, hell, i don't even own a shirt or shoes. i've been in wearing boardshorts before. been in wearing the same stuff i wore to college all day. last night i was wearing jeans and tee too ^_^
sleepyeba
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hm, seems alright for guys.

what are girls supposed to wear then?
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sleepyeba)

I would say somthing not too tarty, pump style shoes seem very popular at the moment. - A nice subtle top as well and if you wear a skirt make sure its not too short.

I hate it when you get girls in open high heals, short skirts and a revealign top and complain they get too much unwanted attention from men. If you dress funky, smart and fashionable without looking too tarty you will be respected for it.

Trainers are also fine depending on the club. In fact a lot of clubs prefer girls to wear sensible shoes becuase they are scared of being sued.

Erk - I have a few shirts and a suit and nice shoes but its for interviews not clubbing, so I do some times wear a jacket though on over my t-shirt as its smarter than a coat. It some how looks very trendy, nice multicoloured grey/blue jeans, black trainers and a band t-shirt over with a smart jacket on top.
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sleepyeba)

Like chicken...you cant have breast and leg together.MINGING!Usually im just jeans and a nice top.
At uni though folk dont care. My sister played Lacrosse at uni and when they went out they had pink shirt night-which was when they had to wear the team going out polo with drinking names on the back.So really they looked like a bunch of weirdos but they didnt care and neither did the managemnt of any the establishmets they were in.
OppressedMass
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah ask what kind of club it is and if theres a dress-code etc. If its a nice chilled out one where you can wear trainers just wear what you feel comfortable in. If not I'd agree with whover said to wear a polo shirt from topman, make sure its fitted though.

Have fun!
username21537
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
thing id worry about is, like etiqueete. Having never gone i dont wana go clubbing till i knwo the etiquette. Like, bouncers on the door. Do you just say "can I go in?"
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think alot of people are going actually about 10 or so not sure. Im not going to dance so what can i do when im at the club?
I cant dance and yet I still love it...why worry?? Who the hell cares what other people think about you? ANyways, most of you will be tipsy so no one really cares...just have fun and enjoy yourself..and stop worrying about what people will think or say..justb e natural and everything will be alirght...serioulsy, clubbing isnt a big deal
But then Im always the first one on the dancefloor :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise