Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    thing id worry about is, like etiqueete. Having never gone i dont wana go clubbing till i knwo the etiquette. Like, bouncers on the door. Do you just say "can I go in?"
    course not...you just walk in..I never look at them tbh...if htey ask y ou for your ID , just show it. IN barcelona, Ive gone to loads of clubs for 21 when I was still 17 and I was never IDed one...they just kicked me out once coz I was too drunk
    You just walk past them thats all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    thing id worry about is, like etiqueete. Having never gone i dont wana go clubbing till i knwo the etiquette. Like, bouncers on the door. Do you just say "can I go in?"

nah, you don't speak to the bouncers unless they speak to you - unless you're female and trying to chat them up... the thing about clubs is that there is no etiquette. They're placed where people abandon themselves, and enter fit-like states on sweat-soaked dance floors. Meanwhile your head is thumped by bass you no-longer hear (you're ear-drums will explode upon entry, and then only emit a high-pitched whine for days afterwards) but feel. Don't even think about trying to speak unless you have the vocal chords of a early AD public-square-doom-sayer.

And don't go sober.

Which is the real problem with the whole thing. If it ain't fun sober, then quite frankly, how can it be fun at all?

I avoid the things like the plague, the 'music' bores me, there's not a single chance of speaking to people - everyone is too drunk to look good, and for that matter, too slapperish to attract me and worst of all, they cost a flaming fortune.

Having said that. It's great fun with the right crowd. Just make sure you have the right crowd. But even then, I last maybe an hour before I just switch off. Regardless of alcohol level, regardless of dancing extent (and I do dance. I can't dance, but hey).

Give me a pub, conversation, and a good laugh any day.

ReputationRep:
    lol at "can I come in"..

yes you should go and experience it. there are some people who don't like it, in my experience only because they are intimidated or too shy. if you get over that you can have a great time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to go to a club in Bristol, which is three hours drive away with 2 random people I've never met before. As a naturally shy person I'm quite nervous, but I'm sure it will be fine....well at least I hope so :eek:

ReputationRep:
    All you do with the bouncers is look them in the eye and don't ever get defensive with them. Some bouncers will try and take the mick, but you just have to go along with the joke otherwise they won't let you in.

Some times they will ask you what you are looking for, so just stay the genre, this happened in Brighton, we asked what we were looking for so we said indie, the other bouncer then ask bouncer senior if it was an indie night and he said yes, he then ask we were from we said Manchester he said why don't you speak like mancs then, this is where we could have argued but we didn't and just said Manchester is a big city so the accents are different, (rather than be funny by saying we don't all sound like Oasis you know) so they let us in.

I think the bouncers do this to see how drunk you are.

Also don't go up to bouncers and say "Can I come in" it will make you a bit pathetic. If people walk up to a club doors is likely you want to come in! Just make eye contact and slow down when you get to the door in this they want to ask for ID or somthing.

There is usualy a bit of a que anyway so its obvious what you do.

For the person who said the music bores you there is clubs for every genre in the planet from Manc indie to Jamaican Reagee. Its not all dance and RNB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    All you do with the bouncers is look them in the eye and don't ever get defensive with them. Some bouncers will try and take the mick, but you just have to go along with the joke otherwise they won't let you in.

Some times they will ask you what you are looking for, so just stay the genre, this happened in Brighton, we asked what we were looking for so we said indie, the other bouncer then ask bouncer senior if it was an indie night and he said yes, he then ask we were from we said Manchester he said why don't you speak like mancs then, this is where we could have argued but we didn't and just said Manchester is a big city so the accents are different, (rather than be funny by saying we don't all sound like Oasis you know) so they let us in.

I think the bouncers do this to see how drunk you are.

Also don't go up to bouncers and say "Can I come in" it will make you a bit pathetic. If people walk up to a club doors is likely you want to come in! Just make eye contact and slow down when you get to the door in this they want to ask for ID or somthing.

There is usualy a bit of a que anyway so its obvious what you do.

For the person who said the music bores you there is clubs for every genre in the planet from Manc indie to Jamaican Reagee. Its not all dance and RNB.
    thanks for the advice AT L) I now feel ready to go ut......in a few months when im 18 (i think ill +ve for that, really useful cheers)

ReputationRep:
    "Can I come in?" Classic

ReputationRep:
    Clubbing is absolutely fantastic. An hour and a half feels like ten minutes. It doesn't matter if you cannot dance, no one can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild thing)
    course not...you just walk in..I never look at them tbh...if htey ask y ou for your ID , just show it. IN barcelona, Ive gone to loads of clubs for 21 when I was still 17 and I was never IDed one...they just kicked me out once coz I was too drunk
    You just walk past them thats all
    I'm 16 and I have no bother getting into pubs and clubs in Edinburgh (or Barcelona, when I was there a month ago). Pah, who needs a fake ID?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    I have been asked to come to a friends leaving do at work, we are going to a pub then a club. A few other people are also going who i dont really know very well, the only problem i have is whether or not to go. I have never been to a club before as im shy and im too nervous to go.

Should i go? I dont want to look stupid.

Thanks
    aww :knuddel: yes you should go. just sit/stand at the bar with a drink if you are too shy to dance. or find someone to copy. its better to have the first time in a club now than when you are say 22.

my bf went clubbing with me. he also was shy and hadnt been to one before,. he just sat in the corner, wouldnt drink/dance/anything and it was too loud to talk. but it was all ok cos he was so damn fine....

ReputationRep:
    he sounds lame

bouncers dont want you coming in drunk, dont want large groups of guys going in so seperate if youre with more than 3/4 people, and go along with whatever they say cos 90% are on a power trip. just say hi, show ID, if they dont ask then walk straight through. simple..

AT82 out of interest where in brighton did you go>?

ReputationRep:
    Im going to brighton, where have you lot been there? Also do you think i can wear THESE when i go, its on a weekday so im not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Im going to brighton, where have you lot been there? Also do you think i can wear THESE when i go, its on a weekday so im not sure.
    cinderella you shall go to the ball Fab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    cinderella you shall go to the ball Fab.
    So they will be ok then? lol

ReputationRep:
    So they will be ok then? lol
    yeah. just wear what you want-if thats your style go for it.

ReputationRep:
    But im not sure if i will be let into the club. Is it alright to wear white trainers?

ReputationRep:
    But im not sure if i will be let into the club. Is it alright to wear white trainers?
    most guys i know wear loafers/deck shoes but then thats their style. erm white trainers depends...you could wear trainers maybe just something less...white? Check out the pumas trainers they do they do them in suede and stuff,browns etc.

ReputationRep:
    but really you should ask someone who goes to the club you are planning to go to.

ReputationRep:
    So you dont like them? or that i shouldnt wear them to a club?

ReputationRep:
    go clubbing and get completly recked u will have a laff! dont b boring!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.