Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    prob just being nice (yeah right!) well i always did like Gary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SideView)
    so is there a catch? what are walkers getting from it? bar ppl buying crisps ipods arewnt cheap!
    My humble thoughts. iPods cost a set price, but there could be thousands of people texting in every 5 mins. Each text is 10p, and I believe Walkers get at least some of this money (btw, FREE TEXTS DONT WORK, apparently - its a short number or something.. see their site) which covers the cost of iPods, and probably then some. The more people that text in, the more money you get, but the prize cost is still the same. Brilliant.

At least, that's what I think?

ReputationRep:
    i stayed on from 2-3 last night and didnt win anything every time i played

ReputationRep:
    I texted at 4:50am (set alarm rather than stay up) and I still didn't win. Did it this morning at 7am and didn't win either. Bah. Will keep trying cos I get crisps every day (for free )

ReputationRep:
    my iPod came today! Hoping to get the colour changed from an apple shop, blue looks so much nicer than silver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sofa King)
    my iPod came today! Hoping to get the colour changed from an apple shop, blue looks so much nicer than silver.
    i concur. blue rocks! mines in a black cover though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What I figure is - The iPod mini is being discotinued for the iPod Nano (Or something like that) and so Im guessing walkers got a hell of alot of Mini's at a very good price. Hence why they can afford to do such a great deal.

ReputationRep:
    I tried a couple of times today but lost both, gunna keep trying though, thats the only way im ever gunna get an ipod

Bekki

ReputationRep:
    Strange the last couple of times I've tried it I've got no txt back neither has my bro. Guess they are busy or summat.

Bekki

ReputationRep:
    hmm me either :'(

ReputationRep:
    i havent won yet... im abit sad! lol wanted an ipod for ages but im poor and cant afford 1

ReputationRep:
    no texts came bk from me. sent bout 15

ReputationRep:
    ok im on at the moment (6.15am) and im not getting any messages back either think i might go to bed. But i want it soooooo bad.

ReputationRep:
    I tired again at summat like 10 past 1 this morning and again at 20 past 4 but I didn't get any txt back again. However i tried in the middle of psychology earlier today + i got a txt bck pretty quick so I dunno maybe there was a problem or summat??

Gunna keep trying though dunno when to have another attempt at it.

Bekki

ReputationRep:
    Is it not costing you a fortune in texts? :confused: :s:

ReputationRep:
    nah so far only 60p which is ok really im getting the codes of the website so i don't have to buy the crisps though I do buy some for my lunch sometimes anyway, those I enter on site for free.

Bekki

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *~BEKKI~*)
    nah so far only 60p which is ok really im getting the codes of the website so i don't have to buy the crisps though I do buy some for my lunch sometimes anyway, those I enter on site for free.

Bekki
    hehe... pssst... isnt that cheating :p:

ReputationRep:
    well i did it last night at about half 1... waiting for half an hour and no txt.... got a txt back saying i'd lost this morning

ReputationRep:
    me too.. *******s woke me up

ReputationRep:
    lol yea me 2!! my phone flashing like mad... i was like OMG I'VE WON.....NO I HAVENT
    lol

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.