walkers ipod promotion Watch

This discussion is closed.
SketchyCanvas~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you send it by text message, it takes really long for them to text back. But if you enter it via the website, your'll get an e-mail back in about 5-10mins
dremmel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
aye but all the other times its come back within 10 mins.... yesterday/this morning it was like 4 hours!
pink_natsy_2005
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
can any1 else get onto the data of busiest/quietest times. for a day now it has says data unavailable
silverfish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
when you guys send a text do you do one ever 5 minutes or do you try and cram as many texts in the 5 minutes as you can
pink_natsy_2005
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
cram em all to 5 minutes
caw123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've entered about 4 times via the website and had no sucess.

I already have an ipod mini, but it's ****, the battery is rubbish, I want a new 6gb one with improved battery but I'm not paying for it.
caw123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SideView)
so is there a catch? what are walkers getting from it? bar ppl buying crisps ipods arewnt cheap!
It's simple. Walkers give away 144 ipods a day, while also having an ipod pictured on every packet of their crisps! Apple will be providing the ipods in exchange for the advertising. And they'll probably cover the cost of the website and texts too, plus a bit extra for Walkers for their trouble.
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pink_natsy_2005)
can any1 else get onto the data of busiest/quietest times. for a day now it has says data unavailable
:ditto: its saying data unavailable too :confused:
pink_natsy_2005
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
woooooooo i finally have got the data for the buisest and quitest times. maybe too many people were looking at it or something
silverfish
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ok im back on and i crammed lots in 5 minutes lets hope i got lucky this time
Fresh Prince
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
^so what happened?
DeLboY
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've sent about 30 from 0700 this morning and haven't received a single reply!
Rubbish
Wasp39
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by silverfish)
ok im back on and i crammed lots in 5 minutes lets hope i got lucky this time
You're marginally less likely to win if you cram them all into 5 minutes than if you spread the same number of entries over several draws. That said it'd take ages.
silverfish
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
nope i didnt win again!
violet
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will!

But I don't get it.... Couldn't you just make up a code to win?!
Raspberry
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The codes free. You have to text it in and then you get entered in the next 5 min draw.

I've pretty much given up now, spent about £4 on it
xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PhilipGarsed)
You're marginally less likely to win if you cram them all into 5 minutes than if you spread the same number of entries over several draws. That said it'd take ages.
:eek:

Not cwithpth!
dynamite2020
Report 13 years ago
Hey guys, what can i say? I have to thank you...

probably thinking what for?

Well i stumbled across this thread last nite, when i was looking for something completely different, anyway, i dont eat crisps but it all seemed very interesting.

I had a quick look at the amalysis times of busy times and quiet times, and decided the best time to send the text was at 01:59am...

I got a free code from the site and texed it in and waited, and waited and waited... and i remember reading on the site that people never got replies so i assumed i wouldnt either.

anyway, i was woken twice this morning... once at 5:59am - a text from walkers... basically saying that i had won an ipod... i am not lying, this is no joke... the text also said that i would receive a call before noon today to get my details...

surely at 9am sharp, i was woken again by a very bubbly and chirpy from walkers who congratulated me on winning and took my details, and my ipod will be sent in 5 working days via registered post!!!

how mental is that? I only sent ONE text in, and i won! Im still in shock, i still think its a dream... im waiting to wake up... lol...

so yep, dont give up, you will win eventually...
xx_ambellina_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I want one now.
dynamite2020
Report 13 years ago
well better get texting then!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (114)
26.39%
No (318)
73.61%

Watched Threads