AQA Core science 28th June Discussion

Watch
Hanz_a93
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
How did yall find the exam?

I found the exam fairly easy but had a lil trouble with c1a and p1a. Btw i sat all 6 modules
Extricated
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
C1B and P1B were fine, does anybody have the mark scheme for these exams?
Extricated
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
C1B and P1B were fine, does anybody have the mark scheme for these tests?
partypool
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hanz_a93)
How did yall find the exam?

I found the exam fairly easy but had a lil trouble with c1a and p1a. Btw i sat all 6 modules
hey, i'm in year ten, and i did two resits today - B1b and P1a.
i thought P1a was okay but B1b was a bit tough
Extricated
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by partypool)
well the exam was only today so i dont think the mark schemes will be out until next year possibly?
Sorry, you are mistaken. On this website, teachers frequently post the question papers with answers on the day of the exam. This may seem weird, but there is NO risk because AQA had a morning exam which means nobody can possible take it tommorow or later on. Don't you do GCSE maths? There is frequently GCSE maths answers given on this website on the day of the exam, because it does not breach any rules. I wasn't sure if anybody was going to post this exam because it isn't as popular as EDEXCEL maths..

Hope you've learned something, bye.
mazam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought p1a was quite easy but b1a was quite confusing, and b1b was ok. what did you get for the question about antibodies/antibiotics and what they affect: bacteria or viruses?
Extricated
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm new to TSR so i didn't know that. Of course i do GCSE maths, everybody has to. Don't you know that there are several exam board you can do maths with? And there's no need to be so cheeky unless you want an argument.
I didn't say there was just 1 exam board. Im not being cheeky, if you're new to TSR, then quit going on about something which you have very little knowledge over, and have the cheek to put a "" at the end of it, when you are clearly in the wrong.

PS: There CANNOT be an argument, because an argument needs two sides, and yours is clearly flawed.

Kthxbye
Extricated
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mazam)
I thought p1a was quite easy but b1a was quite confusing, and b1b was ok. what did you get for the question about antibodies/antibiotics and what they affect: bacteria or viruses?
I didn't do B1A, but i did it in Nov09', the answer is bacteria.
TanishaBellum
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey guys,

I re-sat B1B + P1B today. Does anyone have the answers?

Oh and i got 2-2-2-2 for question 6 on P1B

Anyone get the same?
partypool
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TanishaBellum)
Hey guys,

I re-sat B1B + P1B today. Does anyone have the answers?

Oh and i got 2-2-2-2 for question 6 on P1B

Anyone get the same?
hey, i did P1a and B1b today...do you know the question on B1b about the mutated gene causing the animal not to have 'armour'? well what was the answer to the question which asked what not having armour allowed the animal to do?...i put camouflage, but i think i'm wrong, i think it was to grow bigger muscles and bones now...what did you put?
TanishaBellum
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey, i did P1a and B1b today...do you know the question on B1b about the mutated gene causing the animal not to have 'armour'? well what was the answer to the question which asked what not having armour allowed the animal to do?...i put camouflage, but i think i'm wrong, i think it was to grow bigger muscles and bones now...what did you put?

Hey, on that question i didn't put camouflage or muscles + bones! I hink i put... i cant remember aaah. im sure i didnt put either of the ones you said though, can you remember the other 2 options at all?
partypool
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey, on that question i didn't put camouflage or muscles + bones! I hink i put... i cant remember aaah. im sure i didnt put either of the ones you said though, can you remember the other 2 options at all?
oh right haha!
the other two options were moves back into sea water or moves into deeper water ...
choccandy21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
did a P1A resit...wasnt as bad as the one in november! less equation solving
partypool
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by halii_94)
did a P1A resit...wasnt as bad as the one in november! less equation solving
hey ... exacto!
i found it much easier than the november one...but i hope they dont make the grade boundaries higher! what did you get in november for P1a?

p.s. thanks for the gorgeous massive photo of aston there
TanishaBellum
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh right haha!
the other two options were moves back into sea water or moves into deeper water ...

Oh yeah! I put moves back into the sea water... i wasnt too sure about that question though :/

There was another question on the B1B paper about the hill and sea or something? and how some students measured the amount of plants growing on one side of the hill and another... they asked which the anomalous results was and i put P. Gosh. I wrecked my brains over that question, i couldnt figure it out! Oh and they also asked how they would measure it and i said in Quadrats. Anyone get the same answers?
choccandy21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey ... exacto!
i found it much easier than the november one...but i hope they dont make the grade boundaries higher! what did you get in november for P1a?

p.s. thanks for the gorgeous massive photo of aston there

yeah thats what im worried about..the grade boundaries going higher
i just about got a B 35 ums wbu?

haha your like the first not to say ew and that hes gay lol
and yeah hes gorgeous
partypool
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh yeah! I put moves back into the sea water... i wasnt too sure about that question though :/

There was another question on the B1B paper about the hill and sea or something? and how some students measured the amount of plants growing on one side of the hill and another... they asked which the anomalous results was and i put P. Gosh. I wrecked my brains over that question, i couldnt figure it out! Oh and they also asked how they would measure it and i said in Quadrats. Anyone get the same answers?
i struggled on that question as well
i think i put the anomolous one as U :confused:
and yay i got quadrats!
partypool
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by halii_94)
yeah thats what im worried about..the grade boundaries going higher
i just about got a B 35 ums wbu?

haha your like the first not to say ew and that hes gay lol
and yeah hes gorgeous
aww yes he's lovely :p:
i got 42 UMS which was an A
lets just pray for low grade boundaries!
partypool
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yaay i put U was the anomolous one
Last edited by RK; 5 months ago
Hanz_a93
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
wooaahhh...teachers dont get mark schemes for AQA science unless they are examiners...now stop being rude and going of the topic of the discussion...
and if you're so clever, please can you tell me what the answer was to the question about the boiler which has an efficiency of 0.9 in P1a...what the wasted energy transformed into?
Heat energy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (252)
39.75%
Take autumn exams (188)
29.65%
Look for a job (21)
3.31%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.94%
Take a year out (110)
17.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
5.99%

Watched Threads