The Student Room Group
Reply 1
lalla
hi
jus wanted to know that most of my choices for uni want gcse eng lang for a requirement . i have C in lit but D in lang ....
im predicted bbc 4 my alevels and the requirements are all c's but becoz i dont have eng lang does this mean i will not b offered a place??
or do they still give places
thanks

It depends on how popular the course is. My university said they tend to go off the A levels rather than GCSEs because everybody deserves a second chance. They would much rather take on somebody with slightly higher UCAS points but without the C in English than some body with the a C but has only scraped enough UCAS points.

I think you should email the admissions tutor and ask them to be honest.
Reply 2
Pencil Queen
Which courses/unis are you looking at. Most universities ask for a C or above in English and don't specify between language and lit.

In some cases even if they are asking for language if you phoned up the admissions tutor and asked they would be happy to accept you with a C or above in Lit - especially if the rest of your application is strong.

i want to study business management and marketing and most unis want eng lang to do that course
Reply 3
Pencil Queen
email? Academics? hehehe you've obviously got used to working with academics who know where the on button is on their computer - unfortunately in the profession at large this isn't a skill that is particularly valued.

Lol I am too used to being taught by the people that invent email technogies.
Reply 4
Pencil Queen
Well looking at ucas of the 13 universities offering a business management with marketing course only 2 specified english language.

As I said if in doubt phone up the universities and ask if they would consider accepting english lit instead (I doubt they will have a problem with it).

thankx v much for all ur help :smile:
Reply 5
lalla
hi
jus wanted to know that most of my choices for uni want gcse eng lang for a requirement . i have C in lit but D in lang ....
im predicted bbc 4 my alevels and the requirements are all c's but becoz i dont have eng lang does this mean i will not b offered a place??
or do they still give places
thanks

lalla, ur screwed
Reply 6
Avais
lalla, ur screwed

helpful :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Avais
lalla, ur screwed

Avais, ur an idiot.
Reply 8
im sorry to say but i aint SCREWED as i have got ALL my offers so lalla to u!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending