do not have gcse eng lang Watch

This discussion is closed.
lalla
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hi
jus wanted to know that most of my choices for uni want gcse eng lang for a requirement . i have C in lit but D in lang ....
im predicted bbc 4 my alevels and the requirements are all c's but becoz i dont have eng lang does this mean i will not b offered a place??
or do they still give places
thanks
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lalla)
hi
jus wanted to know that most of my choices for uni want gcse eng lang for a requirement . i have C in lit but D in lang ....
im predicted bbc 4 my alevels and the requirements are all c's but becoz i dont have eng lang does this mean i will not b offered a place??
thanks
It depends on how popular the course is. My university said they tend to go off the A levels rather than GCSEs because everybody deserves a second chance. They would much rather take on somebody with slightly higher UCAS points but without the C in English than some body with the a C but has only scraped enough UCAS points.

I think you should email the admissions tutor and ask them to be honest.
lalla
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Which courses/unis are you looking at. Most universities ask for a C or above in English and don't specify between language and lit.

In some cases even if they are asking for language if you phoned up the admissions tutor and asked they would be happy to accept you with a C or above in Lit - especially if the rest of your application is strong.

i want to study business management and marketing and most unis want eng lang to do that course
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
email? Academics? hehehe you've obviously got used to working with academics who know where the on button is on their computer - unfortunately in the profession at large this isn't a skill that is particularly valued.
Lol I am too used to being taught by the people that invent email technogies.
lalla
Well looking at ucas of the 13 universities offering a business management with marketing course only 2 specified english language.

As I said if in doubt phone up the universities and ask if they would consider accepting english lit instead (I doubt they will have a problem with it).
thankx v much for all ur help
Avais
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lalla)
hi
thanks
lalla, ur screwed
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Avais)
lalla, ur screwed
helpful :rolleyes:
chrisbphd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Avais)
lalla, ur screwed
Avais, ur an idiot.
lalla
im sorry to say but i aint SCREWED as i have got ALL my offers so lalla to u!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (153)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.38%
No- I want it (70)
27.89%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.77%

Watched Threads