is every one relying on the student loan Watch

This discussion is closed.
legbreakgoogly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
double your money by gambling on sports.
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by podder)
im relying heavily on my loan and also need to get a part time job wen i get to uni. need to earn around 70 quid a week. worked out that ofter my acomadation costs i will have about £90 a week to live off?!!! guna besum serious saving goin on i finc!! any one else in this situation?
£90 a week is fine - the average is £55!
Flicker
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dogtanian)
I'd be inclined to say that if you're paying tuition fees, you wouldn't get a grant. I may well be wrong though.
They're not paying full fees, though, only £350, so it sounds like they would get a grant!
jayne87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i am getting a loan of 3900 my parents are going to pay fee but with the money from the loan i have to pay for accomodation and living costs - i am gunna find it very tight e.g about £25 quid a week to live on if i dont get a job
marmitebagel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ive got a loan of 3000 from the gov. That pays for my accommodation, but no money left over. Grandparents left me 2700 which will be used to pay for two yrs tuition. And, my parents are giving me 40 a week for food. Thus, im going to be extremely poor.
ClosetGinger
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My savings are paying for the first two years rent/fees, third year will be paid by me working for the first two years... I've got a loan and overdraft
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm getting a £3145 loan, all of which is going on my accomodation. I will have about £70 left over. Unfortunately my first loan installment won't cover my first term's rent, so I have just arranged a £400 overdraft with Natwest.

I have been working all summer and got about £1000 saved, but I need to buy a computer yet.

My parents are paying my fees, which I am extremely grateful for.

I am going home every other weekend for my job, so that will be about £160 a month, plus any extra hours I can undertake.

My dad is giving me the money he pays my mum every month for my upkeep lol, that's about £90 a month.

And finally my parents are going to send me about £40 a week to live on for food.

So fingers crossed I will be okay. But I have at least £70 a month of outgoings, including my car insurance.
bleeper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I plan to invest some of my money. i am ot kind enough to tell you how though. Although it will be totally legal.
podder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

even if i have to pay for food as im not catered??
jen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

yes! i have £10 a week for food, £5 a week for everything else and thats only if i get a job earning £40 a week! think yourself lucky!
Flicker
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Yup, that's after rent. My boyfriend has survived two years in self catered on £50, and he drinks (and eats!) a lot!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (51)
27.13%
No (137)
72.87%

Watched Threads