Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am more scared of dying than getting old. These days old people still live their life to the max, and at least if you're old when you die, you've had a good life!

ReputationRep:
    I think getting old is the scariest. I dread the day when my hair is grey and I have to have a perm. :eek: Plus you can't take so many risks when you're carting a zimmer frame about and you're more likely to get mugged as you hobble home from the pub.

ReputationRep:
    definately death as i have a fear in death and imo think its much more scarier than getting old.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not voting, because neither scare me.

ReputationRep:
    oo brave! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd hate to look back on my life and think "God, what have I done?!"

ReputationRep:
    I'm fearing getting old - getting saggy, teeth falling out, and watching friends and loved ones die isn't my idea of fun.. the only perk is having the right to be grumpy 24.7.

I don't fear death, I believe in reincarnation and anyway, as they say:

"I'm not frightened of dying. Why should I be, there's no point in it you have to go sometime."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SketchyCanvas)
    oo brave! :p:
    That sounded a bit cocky, you're right.

But the truth is I'm not scared of either. I'm not religious, so I'm not desperate to get to heaven. I do not believe in reincarnation either. I don't find life amazingly spectacular, and furthermore, it's not as if I'll actually care that I'm dead the day that I get run over by a bus, drown in the sea, or die the oldest person in Britain - because my brain will not be functioning, and caring would be an impossibility.

Getting old is just a fact of life, and one that I will not have to face for quite some time. As someone who does volunteer work at a hospital for sufferers of senile dementia, I can say that most the patients seem happy enough - and you'd never get bored, because every conversation about the past will seem new.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.