Aerobic and anaerobic respiration :) Watch

Panda321
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
identify the sites of regulation of glycolysis in response to
changing concentrations of ATP, ADP, hydrogen ions and citrate.

ive neen trying to figure out what this means for ages :/

I know i sound silly but i really need some help on this and need to know what it means :/

Thank youu
schtim
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
High concentration of hydrogen ions=acidic, which probably equals CO2 in the blood and carbonic acid shizz if you're talking about respiration. I think I've also heard the Krebs cycle being called the citric acid cycle, so I'd guess that's what the citrate bit is on about.

More than that I wouldn't like to speculate......
grovichik
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Panda321)
identify the sites of regulation of glycolysis in response to
changing concentrations of ATP, ADP, hydrogen ions and citrate.

ive neen trying to figure out what this means for ages :/

I know i sound silly but i really need some help on this and need to know what it means :/

Thank youu
Have you been taught about the different enzyme reactions in glycolysis? Maybe you've been given some info about feedback control in the different reaction steps e.g. feedback inhibition, feedforward stimulation. I think this might be what the question is referring to... some of the enzymes in glycolysis are sensitive to ATP, ADP, protons and citrate and will be inhibited/stimulated at different concentrations of these.
Calumcalum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Glycolysis is a series of enzyme-catalysed reactions converting glucose to pyruvate. The main control points (where the activity of the enzyme can be controlled) are the reactions catalysed by phosphofructokinase, hexokinase and pyruvate kinase. The activity of these enzymes are controlled by concentrations of ATP, ADP, H+ and citrate. I'm not sure which is which but you should be able to find out. ATP and citrate should inhibit glycolysis (and so reduce the activity of some of these enzymes), and ADP should stimulate it. H+ probably stimulates but I'm not sure.

(Quote this if you want to ask more!)
hannahp55
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I NEED HELP ON THIS QUESTION:

identify the sites of regulation of glycolysis in response to changing concentrations of for example ATP, ADP, hydrogen ions and citrate. You must evaluate the importance of each in terms of energy requirements in cells. The effect of the build-up of lactic acid (and its removal) during anaerobic glycolysis in muscle cells
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (17)
35.42%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (14)
29.17%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (9)
18.75%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (3)
6.25%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (5)
10.42%

Watched Threads