?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Should I give up on the pool now?
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jess)
would it make any difference to your life if you did or didnt?
Goat
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Jess)
Did you contact them?
Jess
Rep:
?
i sent an e-mail and they said they were to busy to be contacted. It would make a difference in that I could get on with my life - the uncertainty is horrible.
s-man
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i know quite a few ppl who got sent rejection letters a couple of days ago, so im guessing its a good thing i haven't heard anything yet, although getting re-interviewed is out of the question maybe we can still get diret offers from our original college
akk713
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by s-man)
i know quite a few ppl who got sent rejection letters a couple of days ago, so im guessing its a good thing i haven't heard anything yet, although getting re-interviewed is out of the question maybe we can still get diret offers from our original college
Yea... I've got it... so don't give up hope!!
s-man
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by akk713)
Yea... I've got it... so don't give up hope!!
were u phoned or did u receive a letter? and also where and wot subject?
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Come on guys....don't give up!! Gotta keep hopin!

Good luck to all of you...

G
sky
Report 15 years ago
i was thinking its time to give up.
do some colleges seem to be sending out rejection/acceptence letters sooner than others?
akk713
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by s-man)
were u phoned or did u receive a letter? and also where and wot subject?
Downing/Engineering
paymaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I gave up on Monday to be honest... (after all my teachers 'consoled' me but said it was my fault for applying for something so competitive)
Then got my place on tues!

So keep going guys, and I'm sure you will be happy in the long run wherever this crazy UCAS process takes you!
abc123
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by paymaster)
I gave up on Monday to be honest... (after all my teachers 'consoled' me but said it was my fault for applying for something so competitive)
Then got my place on tues!

So keep going guys, and I'm sure you will be happy in the long run wherever this crazy UCAS process takes you!
Well done Paymaster...you got the offer then….my rejection letter came on Tuesday so I guess you beat me to that last law place at Magdalene….

Congratulations anyway, I hope it goes well. As for me, I’ve got an offer from LSE so I’m not as devastated as I thought I would be…
paymaster
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by abc123)
Well done Paymaster...you got the offer then….my rejection letter came on Tuesday so I guess you beat me to that last law place at Magdalene….

Congratulations anyway, I hope it goes well. As for me, I’ve got an offer from LSE so I’m not as devastated as I thought I would be…
I hope it goes well for you as well. If I could handle the pace of London life, I'd go to LSE - it's probably the best course.
Kirki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
*sighs* Yeah, I decided today that it was time to give up. There's still going to be that doubt until I get the rejection letter, though.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yep Think Im Gonna
Tifa
Report 15 years ago
A friend got a phonecall this evening if it helps... pooled to Girton for SPS I think... it's not over till the fat lady sings
Jess
Rep:
?
cool, what time was that - was it a straight offer or an interview?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tifa)
A friend got a phonecall this evening if it helps... pooled to Girton for SPS I think... it's not over till the fat lady sings
hey im in the sps pool............................ ...........tries desperately not to raise her hopes
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I emailed Sidney Sussex today and got a response within a couple of hours. Ive given up hope after getting this letter
I got 4A*'s, 4A's and 1B at GCSE, 3A1B at A/S Level..
Good luck to all who havent heard, hopefully you'll all get in!

Dear Adel

Thank you for your email. I am grateful for your paying such attention to the question of communication at this time, but I very much regret to tell you that, while final decisions will not be made about Pool candidates until the beginning of next week, it does now look unlikely that you will be offered a place or called for interview by another college.

We cannot provide a copy of your interview report form, but I am very happy to provide you with guidance now to help with any future interviews or applications. In short, we thought yours was a strong application and we were prevented from making you an offer of a place only by pressure of numbers. We had no doubt that you have the potential to make a success of Architecture at a top university such as this.

To provide more detail of our assessment of your application, we thought your track record at both GCSE and AS was very sound without being quite as uniformly outstanding as that of the strongest candidates. At interview we were very impressed by your articulacy and your descriptive abilities. We also thought you seemed highly motivated and enthusiastic about architecture. We had no doubt that you were keen to learn and thought you would probably be quick to do so. We thought your design and technology skills were strong and that your photography was excellent. If there was one area of weakness that you might amend for any future interview, it was that your knowledge of architectural history was quite limited. This came across in both interviews.

I do hope this is helpful. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for applying to Sidney and to Cambridge. We wish you the very best for the future.

Yours sincerely,
Richard Partington
Admissions Director
Heather Doggett
Admissions Secretary, Sidney Sussex College
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 8:11 AM
Subject: Application Status & Interview Report

Dear Ms. Doggett,

My name is Adel Zakout, candidate number ########. I applied to Sydney Sussex college to read architecture and recently received a letter which notified me of my transition to the winter pool.

Since I live overseas, I was concerned that any follow-up letters may have become accidentally lost in the post. Consequently, as I have not been contacted (by telephone) by any college, I was wondering whether you could please come back to me with any further details of my application’s current progress.

It would also be extremely helpful if I could possibly obtain a copy of my interview report, as I feel that it would benefit me with my forthcoming interviews.

Thank you very much for your help,

Adel Zakout
http://www.adelzakout.com
LBF
Report 15 years ago
Yep, i think its all over now. Ive heard nothing since the pooled letter.
And guess what, the only uni thats given me an offer yet is Aberdeen.
Warwick rejected me
Bristol, Nottingham and Durham have said nothing!!

Has anyone got a long piece of rope?????
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1099)
79.12%
Leave (290)
20.88%

Watched Threads