How do you maintain and protect a sun tan Watch

This discussion is closed.
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I’m going away on Sunday for two weeks, hopefully I am going to get a great suntan. Which when I return to the UK, I want to last as long as possible. Does anyone know of any products that help you prolong a suntan? (if so, could you please say where to buy them from)

Thank you
tbm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Exfoliate and moisturise as much as possible before you go away, it will help prolong your tan. You can also get some products which you apply after sunbathing/being on holiday to help keep the tan, I dont know any individual products but Boots will probably sell some.
CheesyBeans
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My mum has some moisturiser that has a slight tint in it. I guess it's like applying fake tan which is really weak. It just very gradually adds a bit of colour to the skin and my mum has used this after being on holiday to keep her skin soft but it also maintains/slightly tops up her tan. it doesn't have the same orange fakeness as fake tan and it looks natural.
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hayley_2k4)
I’m going away on Sunday for two weeks, hopefully I am going to get a great suntan. Which when I return to the UK, I want to last as long as possible. Does anyone know of any products that help you prolong a suntan? (if so, could you please say where to buy them from)

Thank you

coming from an aussie...

ok. Thing is SUn Tans dont last unless the melanin in your skin is being constantly exposed to the same amount of light.

Meaning, when you go home your body will shed the layers of skin that were tanned and you will go back to your normal colour.
LittleMinx
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Thank you
good luck on your skin cancer quest. Why not just bloody wear sun cream, does no-one in this country realise the dangers?! The Australians have the right idea.
missjelly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Thank you
when you shower, use moisturising shower gel. AVOID anything exfoliating. after bathing, and perhaps 2wice a day, apply a good moisturiser like Palmer's cocoa butter. this way, the tanned dead skin cells will stick to the skin, giving the appearance of tan for longer. also, keep it topped up with a good fake one
laurenlauren
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by CheesyBeans)
My mum has some moisturiser that has a slight tint in it. I guess it's like applying fake tan which is really weak. It just very gradually adds a bit of colour to the skin and my mum has used this after being on holiday to keep her skin soft but it also maintains/slightly tops up her tan. it doesn't have the same orange fakeness as fake tan and it looks natural.
'Johnsons Holiday skin' is what Cheesybeans is talking about; its only thing that will last longer than just moisturising. Otherwise you're left with the option of fake tanning.
Everdawn
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
sillies you cant prolong a suntan without exposure tot he same amount of light. Derrrr.. becuase no matter how hard you try skin comes off!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads