Did i make the right decision on uni choice? Watch

This discussion is closed.
BossLady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Ok have applied to do Comp Sci/Computing, and have got all the ones I applied to : Imperial, UCL, Warwick, Nottingham and Kings.
I've chosen Imperial as my 1st choice and Kings for my insurance, did i make the right choice? especially for my 1st choice? It was hard between Imperial and UCl, but I guess i Just went with Imperial's Computing department reputation which certainly tipped the boat for me, plus I liked it's location in south ken , anyone studying there or at any other places mentioned have comments? hope i made the right decision lol, would any1 have chosen ucl instead??
Chris_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by BossLady)
Ok have applied to do Comp Sci/Computing, and have got all the ones I applied to : Imperial, UCL, Warwick, Nottingham and Kings.
I've chosen Imperial as my 1st choice and Kings for my insurance, did i make the right choice? especially for my 1st choice? It was hard between Imperial and UCl, but I guess i Just went with Imperial's Computing department reputation which certainly tipped the boat for me, plus I liked it's location in south ken , anyone studying there or at any other places mentioned have comments? hope i made the right decision lol, would any1 have chosen ucl instead??
I think you have made the correct first choice. I wouldnt have picked kings for my insurance though if I were you, but it does depend on what grades they require..
BossLady
Rep:
?
Thx for the reply :-)
I had to choose that one due to it having the lowest grade offer, it's not really known for comp sci but hey...
Chris_
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thx for the reply :-)
I had to choose that one for my insurance because it's the only one that gave me a lower offer. They all asked for the standard AAB (well apart from imperial cuz they usually want 3As) cept from kcl which asks for ABB, so that choice was outta my hands.
Ahh ok, Imperial or Nottingham were definetly the way to go for your first choice though and you seem to like the idea of going to London, so dont worry about that. May I ask why you didnt apply to York?
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd have said warwick rather than Imperial, but that's mainly because I'm not so keen on London.
Out of Imp and UCL though, Imp was probably the better choice. My friends at Imp are loving it as far as I can tell!

Alaric.
BossLady
Rep:
?
York, although a great uni reputation-wise, i was going for all the london ones as my priority and am not all that keen on campuses, warwick and notts were enough
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think u made a good decision...whatever makes YOU happy....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads