Iceland Job Interview Advice Please...

Watch
Becky3112
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi I am 18 and have never had a job before. Got an interview this friday for Iceland. Any1 ever had 1 there and what was it like? thanks
kerry_1
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
iceland was my first interview and it was really scary sorry ha. they have a booklet of around 10 questions. i cant remember all the questions but i can give you a few. emmm.....ok they asked if there was a sign on display saying that something was on sale or had a deal on but there was none left on the shelf and a customer told you they wanted it what would you do. emm name a time when you had to deliver an important message and explain how you did this effectively. name a time when you were part of a team and what role you played. emmm what else...i cant remember what else but it was very scary for a first time interview because i couldnt refer to previous experience so i had to talk about school and stuff. i didnt get the job btw haha. i suppose looking back i was a nervous wreck and they ended up hiring total idiots. i dont think they want you to be too smart cause i mentioned that i was going to uni the next again year. they want you to be confident.
good luck
sorry if i scared you ha.
and let me know how it went
flavasbabe
Report 10 years ago
Hey oh flip ive got one on fri for iceland too!! Is urs in co.armagh?
rochelle__ox
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How did everyone's go?! This will be my second interview. My first was at Clarks, easy as pie. This .. i'm not so sure about lol.
tonberry
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rochelle__ox)
How did everyone's go?! This will be my second interview. My first was at Clarks, easy as pie. This .. i'm not so sure about lol.
Love this thread is over a year old
rochelle__ox
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i realise. But i'm sure someone else out of the thousands signed up here have had an iceland job 'love'
tonberry
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rochelle__ox)
i realise. But i'm sure someone else out of the thousands signed up here have had an iceland job 'love'
Ok love, my apologies
GingerAdsz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
how did you apply for the job?
zedaa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmm.. Why did this thread just die? It was good!
zedaa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by GingerAdsz)
how did you apply for the job?
I applied by just giving in my CV to the store.. and about 4 days later I got called for a group assessment :}
seamyh99
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zedaa)
I applied by just giving in my CV to the store.. and about 4 days later I got called for a group assessment :}
hi, i have an assessment centre say coming up soon, I was just wondering what happens on that day?
zedaa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by seamyh99)
hi, i have an assessment centre say coming up soon, I was just wondering what happens on that day?
Assessment Centre Day?

I don't know about that but I do know that when I applied for the shop assistant job I was invited to a group assessment where we (about 12 of us) were split into two and had team building exercises.. then we had to fill out forms. If you're successful, you're invited to a one on one interview to decide whether they want you.

:}
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zedaa)
Assessment Centre Day?

I don't know about that but I do know that when I applied for the shop assistant job I was invited to a group assessment where we (about 12 of us) were split into two and had team building exercises.. then we had to fill out forms. If you're successful, you're invited to a one on one interview to decide whether they want you.

:}
Did you get the job?
zedaa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ForgetMe)
Did you get the job?
..no loool.

but hey, i got a better job so it's whateverrr
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zedaa)
..no loool.

but hey, i got a better job so it's whateverrr
Did you have previous retail experience when applying for Iceland?
zedaa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did you have previous retail experience when applying for Iceland?
yeah, i had work experience at superdrug a few years back, but hey as long as you come across as enthusiastic and assertive, there's no reason why they shouldn't hire you! :^_^:

I didn't get it because i messed up my one on one interview lol
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zedaa)
yeah, i had work experience at superdrug a few years back, but hey as long as you come across as enthusiastic and assertive, there's no reason why they shouldn't hire you! :^_^:

I didn't get it because i messed up my one on one interview lol
I'd only be enthusiastic because of the pay What did you do wrong that messed up 1-to-1?
zedaa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd only be enthusiastic because of the pay What did you do wrong that messed up 1-to-1?
well, first of all, i caught myself slouching.. idk, but I'd say that made me look bad. Oh, and some of the questions I couldn't answer.. mainly because he worded some questions funny and I was nervous and I panicked.. i kinda muffed it up.

and yeah the pay
ForgetMe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by zedaa)
well, first of all, i caught myself slouching.. idk, but I'd say that made me look bad. Oh, and some of the questions I couldn't answer.. mainly because he worded some questions funny and I was nervous and I panicked.. i kinda muffed it up.

and yeah the pay
Haha, I would probably also mess up because of nerves
reim123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
bumping this up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads