Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I was going to go shop tomarrow for ready made dinners (Start trialing before moving in to halls!), and i've already tried SuperNoodles and Pasta n Sauce.

Any other ideas? (Im vegetarian!)

Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Asda do some nice veggie ready meals, but it is quite easy to make basic pasta and sauce yourself without the huge pricetag you get on the 'ready made' ones.

ReputationRep:
    rice and cous cous. Really easy to cook.

Ready meals however arnt very healthy contains alot of E numbers and fat. I like making pasta and putting a tomato sauce on. You can get tomato concentrate if you dont like using jars and add your own flavouring.

ReputationRep:
    You can buy just about anything as a ready meal now, usually not as good as the real thing but they always hit the spot when your starving, something I would definitely recommend are frozen vegetarian spring rolls, there simply the best ready meal on earth, even better than the pork ones bet them if you can (from ASDA)

ReputationRep:
    M&S do some pretty good ready meals, but they are pretty expensive.

I get 20% off though, so it's ok for me. :p:

ReputationRep:
    If you're veggie I'd recomend getting stuff with quorn/tofu or some kind of protein in. Tesco do a nice veggie cottage pie. :P

ReputationRep:
    Uncle Bens rice is alright. There are some nice veggie burgers from Tesco and I think M&S do a nice lasagne.

ReputationRep:
    Cook your own Ready made meals are so expensive and you don't get much either, buy a recipe book and experiment.

ReputationRep:
    I'd cook it yorself. Tastes a lot nicer and you can chose what goes in it

Try to cook some easy stuff yourself. Pasta, rice and couscuos.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's worth your while to try to learn to cook some simple meals like pasta instead of buying ready made ones. Not only is it cheaper but more nutrious too. As a vegetarian, it is extra important to make sure you're having a balanced diet which is why I strongly recommend not relying on ready made meals and cooking yourself. Pasta is easy to make, and you can always have things like tomato sauce or pesto with it. make sure you eat things like beans, pulses, lentils and leafy greens to make sure you're getting enough protein and iron.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.