Feeling guilty after sex Watch

This discussion is closed.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I've been having sex with an ex for a while now. At first it seemed like a relatively safe idea... but at the same time, I know I don't want to go out with her and I would like to move on: meet new girls, maybe find someone else. There isn't any particular girl I'm hoping to go out with but everytime I go out and I meet someone new, I feel like this whole thing is a burden.

It's especially at the end of sex, after getting all the satisfaction, I'm there thinking "Was it really worth it?". I know that it's common for some guys to feel a bit guilty after an orgasm but it's especially then that my mind clears up and I realise what I'm doing.

Are any other people in a messy situation like mine or simply feel a bit guilty after sex? I know that in the past, when I was sleeping with a girl I didn't particularly find that great, every time we had sex, I just wanted her to leave as soon as we'd finished. It's horrible but it seems like that when my mind takes over from my ****.
envoy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Clearly, I'm not a guy but for what it's worth... regardless of gender, some people can have sex just to have sex and others can't; others need a connection to make it worthwhile. Don't pay heed to any stereotypes
And ex sex is rarely a good idea- because of what has passed between the pair of you it can't be just sex i.e.sex between two people who know how to do one another. Mostly because knowing what to do is the result of a lot of other factors, situations and confidences you have shared.
To move on you have to move on *entirely* from the situation. And from your post it is clear that you know this. Move on. At the very least it frees you for intimate times with the one you'll always love the most- yourself
veryrandom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I agree with envoy.
mathsdave
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
casual sex with someone you're not going out with. Doesn't sex mean anything to some people?
envoy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
[QUOTE=BeitHaller]casual sex with someone you're not going out with. Doesn't sex mean anything to some people?[/QUOTE

Nothing to some and too much to others!
Glory
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think your doing the wrong thing sleeping with your ex, it could get messy. Thinking that your a couple again and stuff like that. I guess the reason your feeling guilty is because you know subconiously its the wrong thing to do.
sr4470
Badges: 13
Report 13 years ago
Envoy is correct. I would come under the second category..I wouldnt have sex for the sake of it
Arry_Munk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I hear ya dude, but a mans gotta sow his seed........

Take my advice - you wont change your ways a great deal until you have met the 'one', so forget the hang ups and keep shagging.
Evenstar
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Does your ex think you might get back together though? You say you know you don't want to go back out with her but does she know that? If not, even more reason to stop shagging her!
Ali_04
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you're feeling guilty because you know it really isn't fair on your ex- she might really think you're gonna get back together while you have no intention of that! this happened to a mate of mine and she was so devastated when she found out. If you really need sex that badly, can't you just pick up some random who knows what they're getting into rather than risk hurting someone you once cared for?
r_raghav11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
relax mate. As envoy said b4...move on. sometimes its difficult to let some things go...but u got to for thats the best thing for u. It might not get u immediate benefits but will help u in the long run.
natalie_p
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No one else can help u with this one, but yourself.
Maybe if u just checked with her that she doesn't expect anything to come of it, then u'd feel less guilty?
Then u know ur having definite "no-strings" sex, and ur both free to enjoy it
If u still feel guilty, perhaps you should stop having sex until u find someone "worth" having sex with. (not trying to say ur ex isn't worth it or nething)
DayTripper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by BeitHaller)
casual sex with someone you're not going out with. Doesn't sex mean anything to some people?
If it didnt mean anything he wouldnt be doing it....
sr4470
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by DayTripper)
If it didnt mean anything he wouldnt be doing it....
I dont think even he actually knows either way...
MRLX69
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Have a nice talk with her about all the above points suggested, then come back and tell us what the conclusion is....... Why is your rep blue? :confused:
sr4470
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MRLX69)
Why is your rep blue? :confused:
Its grey...
MRLX69
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by sr4470)
Its grey...
ok, grey..
why? :confused:
JonnyB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MRLX69)
ok, grey..
why? :confused:
Neutral rep I think - 0 points.
sr4470
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JonnyB)
Neutral rep I think - 0 points.
Yup.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads