This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Hello, i want to be a paramedic and i have been researching what u need to be one. they say gcse math and english. Both of which i got a d when i did then 3 years ago. Can som1 please tell me how to go about doing the re-sits for them, where to go?? I havent got a clue. ive only got 1.5years til i need them so i better get started now. please write bk to my e mail adress: [email protected]
Thank you!!
whitefire
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
I think that most Sixth-form colleges will help with GCSE re-sits if you need them to, some actually do the teaching and some just tell you where to find it. You could ask around your local one. I know that epping college do GCSE re-sits.

Hope that's some help.
HelenBrownsell
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
I know that quite a few colleges will let you do GCSEs but they may want you to do more than 1.5 years because you've had a 3 year gap rather than re-taking them straight after your results or a year after. However, think you only study for 2 years towards your GCSEs at school so if you're willing to take that extra 1/2 year before applying for the job, you'd probably be ok. Another point is that colleges will probably want you to start at the beginning of the academic year so you wont be able to start studying towards your resits until september. Like Whitefire said, contact your local colleges and ask them for details as not all of them are the same. You may even be able to do evening classes rather than ones during the day.

Helen Brownsell
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads