Turn on thread page Beta

Queens watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me here who applied to Queens???
    If not, pls relpy as im beginning to think that maybe you all knew something i didnt and applied elsewhere!!!

ReputationRep:
    Nah I'm not at Queens, but it is a good college!

They have a legendary director of studies for compsci, the mathematical bridge, the versatile fitzpat hall, a nice bar (with conservatory type area). The downside is that there is quite a lot of shared sets (but not of the proper living room plus two bedroom type). However, all accom appears to be on their one site, and the anchor is just across the road. The centre of town is just along 'piss alley' and you get silly tourists all over the place looking at the bridge, but I'm sure they can be dealt with .
    Their formal hall is quite nice, but surprisingly in the modern half rather than the old half.
    Oh and I better say their bops rock, because a friend from school helps run them or something - not that I've been :rolleyes:

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    I though id reopen this thread.
    Once again, has anyone heard from Queens. I was pooled for law and as yet have heard nothing.
    Anyone else heard?

(Original post by Alaric)
    Nah I'm not at Queens, but it is a good college!

They have a legendary director of studies for compsci, the mathematical bridge, the versatile fitzpat hall, a nice bar (with conservatory type area). The downside is that there is quite a lot of shared sets (but not of the proper living room plus two bedroom type). However, all accom appears to be on their one site, and the anchor is just across the road. The centre of town is just along 'piss alley' and you get silly tourists all over the place looking at the bridge, but I'm sure they can be dealt with .
    Their formal hall is quite nice, but surprisingly in the modern half rather than the old half.
    Oh and I better say their bops rock, because a friend from school helps run them or something - not that I've been :rolleyes:

Alaric.
    The bops have been crud in my experience.
    J

ReputationRep:
    The bops at Queens' aren't very good - I was totally put off by an ent they had with two rooms, one tiny packed one and one enormous empty one. I haven't tried another one so it might have just been an off night, but it was expensive, had a very badly organised cloakroom and finished too goddam early. Oh, and they had bouncers everywhere - what the hell was that all about?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    The bops at Queens' aren't very good - I was totally put off by an ent they had with two rooms, one tiny packed one and one enormous empty one. I haven't tried another one so it might have just been an off night, but it was expensive, had a very badly organised cloakroom and finished too goddam early. Oh, and they had bouncers everywhere - what the hell was that all about?!?!

Which college are you at?

ReputationRep:
    New Hall

ReputationRep:
    what's a bop?

ReputationRep:
    Per college, bops happen every week or so whilst ents usually happen a few times a term. College bars are full most days of the week, most weeks of full term.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.