The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Boatman's Court 2010/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The laundry is £2 for a wash and £1 for 30 minutes drying. I don't know where to get a first floor plan :frown: the one above was just in my room.
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Thanks =) And no worries I can wait the 2 weeks until I move in XD I'm just over excited
Reply 42
hey im in boatmans court too!

im in flat 1a room 003.

anyone in the same flat?

Add us up on facebook =D

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=833915404&ref=search
Reply 43
im moving into boatmans in septemberr! any1 inn flat Flat 2A? im in room 002 :biggrin:
I'm Moving Into Boatmans In September
Flat 1c! Less Than 2 Weeks To Go Now, Eek!
Reply 45
Hey there! I'm in Boatmans Flat 5A! So i'm guessing thats the top floor... fingers crossed theres a lift!

I'm doing Adult Nursing, undergrad but a mature student at 29! Moving down on saturday! Cant wait!
c1aireG
Hey there! I'm in Boatmans Flat 5A! So i'm guessing thats the top floor... fingers crossed theres a lift!

I'm doing Adult Nursing, undergrad but a mature student at 29! Moving down on saturday! Cant wait!

lol there's a lift! i was on the 4th floor last year and was very glad of it lol :biggrin:
TimD
I've been living in Flat CA for the past few weeks. I moved into here just over the summer on a temporary basis because I've been doing an internship here, and I'm moving out again in a few days. The rooms are quite big but there's little natural sunlight.

Here's a photo of a floorplan of the flat thats in the room: http://www.timld.co.uk/uni/DSCF2307.JPG

Flat CA is the top left flat, and room 3 is the long one in the very top left. It has an outdoor bit too with a picnic bench.

All the washing machines have just been taken out of all the flats and there's a seperate laundry instead, something to do with them going wrong a lot.

Let me know if you have any questions about the flat :smile:

Thanks! So are the flats in like the basement or something? natural light isn't something that bothers me seeing as i tend to be quite nocternal hahaha
Reply 48
TheBeautyofFilm
lol there's a lift! i was on the 4th floor last year and was very glad of it lol :biggrin:

Thanks!! Just moved in yesterday and had to take the stairs once, it was a killer! Thank god for the lift!
Does anyone know how much Boatman's actually is for each week/term etc? cos i'm sure i'm working something out wrong, if i'm not im in serious financial trouble :s-smilie: LOL
I think its about £86 a week =)
Caytastrophy
Does anyone know how much Boatman's actually is for each week/term etc? cos i'm sure i'm working something out wrong, if i'm not im in serious financial trouble :s-smilie: LOL

£86/week. That's the position my friend and i were in last year. The second payment especially left us very little. Good luck! You'll need it :s-smilie:
Reply 52
Hi if anyone who is living in Boatman's court now could answer a few questions i'd appreciate it :smile:

1. What's the internet like? Is it quick, reliable or is there a download limit?
2. Have all of the washes/dryers been removed now? So you don't have to pay the surprise £110 for them?
3. How much is it a week? Do you pay in 2 instalments or 3?
4. Is the ensuite similar to roeburns rather than Kopas? ie it's more like a wet room rather than a separate shower cubicle
5. How do you go about viewing/booking a room? Is it all leased through the uclan accommodation or are some rooms privately rented?
1. What's the internet like? Is it quick, reliable or is there a download limit?
I think its pretty good. I only use it for stuff like facebook so I'm not sure about downloading =] It does go off occasionally but only for a few minutes.

2. Have all of the washes/dryers been removed now? So you don't have to pay the surprise £110 for them?
Yep they're all gone so know surprise fees now. Theres a laundry its £2 wash £1 dry I think (I take mine home so I'm not positive about the prices).

All UCLAN accommodation is 2 installments so if your gonna struggle with money I'd go for either a private hall or a big overdraft =/ I'm really struggling with money right now

4. Is the ensuite similar to roeburns rather than Kopas? ie it's more like a wet room rather than a separate shower cubicle
Its like a wet room but theres a dip in the floor where the shower is so its not the whole floor that gets wet =)

5. How do you go about viewing/booking a room? Is it all leased through the uclan accommodation or are some rooms privately rented?
I didn't view one but I assume you can see them on open days?

Boatman's court are definitly the nicest ensuite accommodation, our flat is huge! If you're lucky some of the rooms have double beds for the same price as singles. In my flat there are 6 rooms and 3 of them are doubles (I didn't get one =[ but my room is the same size as everyone elses). Kitchens massive too xD
Reply 54
Original post by Sally <3 Howl
I think its pretty good. I only use it for stuff like facebook so I'm not sure about downloading =] It does go off occasionally but only for a few minutes.

Yep they're all gone so know surprise fees now. Theres a laundry its £2 wash £1 dry I think (I take mine home so I'm not positive about the prices).

All UCLAN accommodation is 2 installments so if your gonna struggle with money I'd go for either a private hall or a big overdraft =/ I'm really struggling with money right now

Its like a wet room but theres a dip in the floor where the shower is so its not the whole floor that gets wet =)

I didn't view one but I assume you can see them on open days?

Boatman's court are definitly the nicest ensuite accommodation, our flat is huge! If you're lucky some of the rooms have double beds for the same price as singles. In my flat there are 6 rooms and 3 of them are doubles (I didn't get one =[ but my room is the same size as everyone elses). Kitchens massive too xD

Ah thanks so much for your answers :smile: When I said about the download limit I meant because I stream TV online which some places ban/put a limit on which is way too low for what I use.

I didn't know it was purely leased through uclan so i suppose I'd have to contact them to view a room, I'm looking at Boatman's for my third year so I wouldn't be on an open day :tongue:

Thanks again for answering that has cleared up a few things :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending