The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Owens Park anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Strangey
You're in F block, Tree Court. On the right as you approach the gate, I think you have your own entrance, seeing as you're next to the gate - it's a fire escape on your left hand side; very obvious. Keep your window closed when you go out, and you might want some aer plugs - people coming through Tower Court (eg more or less everyone in Fallowfield) and Tree Court will have to go by your window, and slam the gate really loudly. Brilliant at 3am, I'd guess!

ahh right thanks for clearing that up for me, I vistited it the other day and still couldnt work out where my room was haha
Not fussed about the noise, I should have a bar job up there next week so I will either be out and be one of them coming in at 3am or becoming back from work at 3/4am. Just exam times it will get on my nerves I guess.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 41
my room is...
G1.02.09

Is this the second floor then?

Am i right in thinking its single sex floors, mixed blocks?

Does anyone know anything about this floor/visited OP... please may it be nice, i switched ashburne for this! :P
Heyy, Id imagine thats Green Court, 2nd floor.
Reply 43
I'm curious, what's Owens like as an accomodation? Is it all single sex and how many is it sharing kitchen facilities?? I'm just curious if it's similar to oak house as I have no idea what kind of accomm this is yet I'll be living here in sep!
Barnsy
I'm curious, what's Owens like as an accomodation? Is it all single sex and how many is it sharing kitchen facilities?? I'm just curious if it's similar to oak house as I have no idea what kind of accomm this is yet I'll be living here in sep!

It's catered so the kitchen facilities are limited I'm told. The corridors are single sex unless you're in the tower. It's similar to Oak House socially if not a little bit more social. The rooms however are bigger than Oak House (which could not be smaller LOL) and you get a sink :smile:

What part of OP you in?
Reply 45
I have no idea as of yet as the guy on the phone just told me Owens! Argh I'd hate single sex corridors.. So where do you meet room mates and hang out if you have barely any kitchen?
Thanks for the help :smile:
Barnsy
I have no idea as of yet as the guy on the phone just told me Owens! Argh I'd hate single sex corridors.. So where do you meet room mates and hang out if you have barely any kitchen?
Thanks for the help :smile:

Common room/Canteen I guess. But I wouldn't worry about the social side of things. Owens Park has a reputation for being the most social halls in Manchester. You will probably love it unless you hate going out.

And no probs :smile:
Reply 47
I love going out I just kinda imagined living in a mixed hall with somewhere to chill on a night other than a shared common room :/ especially for the price..
Barnsy
I love going out I just kinda imagined living in a mixed hall with somewhere to chill on a night other than a shared common room :/ especially for the price..

LOL I lived in Oak House for the best part of a year (dropped out) and having a kitchen is not THAT amazing and people chilled more in each others bedrooms than in the kitchen anyway (well they did in my flat)
Reply 49
Your Room Number is: M9.03.09
Your Hall is: Owens Park

What does the M mean? Also, what does the 'small kitchen' actually have? And do the rooms have noticeboards does anyone know?
Sorry- a lot of questions!
Reply 50
Just been offered a room in Owens park which im happy with!
But What does TE.01.01 stand for?
first floor first room?? :s-smilie: lol
Reply 51
Your Room Number is: M9.G.08
Campus Location: Fallowfield
Room Type: Standard Room with Basin
Self Catered: No

what does it stand for? :X

@popadom we seem to have the same M9 thing. wonder if it means anything.
Reply 52
Your Room Number is: L6.G.09

im here, guess it means im not in tower :/ grimmm
Tomoo
Your Room Number is: L6.G.09

im here, guess it means im not in tower :/ grimmm

You want to be in the tower?
Reply 54
yee man visited it last year as my mates were there
it is unbelievable, trust
G2.01.XX

Is Green court THAT bad? :unsure:
Tomoo
yee man visited it last year as my mates were there
it is unbelievable, trust

I wouldn't mind swapping my Tower room with you, might be impossible though due to the fact I am a girl and they have single sex corridors an that don't theyyy?
Reply 57
im fine with that :wink: ahah yeaa guess it is!
dont know why you would do that, im in little court and the tower is literally the best thing in the world
Tomoo
im fine with that :wink: ahah yeaa guess it is!
dont know why you would do that, im in little court and the tower is literally the best thing in the world

Is ittt? What's it like when you've been?! I just don't want to fail my degree LOL
M8.02.10. Anyone know what it's like? I applied to 2 city centre ones, and 1 fallowfield and they were all self-catered... What's the catering like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending