This discussion is closed.
Comp_Genius
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kidney thief)
Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese...
Exactly, at least you have common sense and understand simple logic.
Legend22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
you would have set the dog on them!
personally, not being the type of person to stand there and take abuse, i would have taken action against the perpetrators as im sure the majority of people would. the man most proably didnt even have the option of acting verbally so he reacted in the only way that his anger, frustration and lack of linguistic abilty allowed him to: by lashing out.

sadly, we cannot always rely on the police to deal with such matters efficiently, as your family have discovered since it took til the next day for them to respond to a case as serious as an attack on two 11 year olds.
So you are making assumtpions that because he was Foregin, he couldnt speak English?
Legend22
Rep:
?
(Original post by darkenergy)
Exactly, at least you have common sense and understand simple logic.
He looked Chinese, I have seen a lot of Chinese people, this man looked Chinese, but you all have to turn against me and say he isnt. You havent even seen the man, so you dont know what his race is, or whether he can speak our native language or not.
sad-ist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why has this evolved to a semi-racist/thinly veiled racist rant? It's just simple: Man gets really pissed over being harassed, finds the wrong person, extracts revenge. However unfortunate the incident is, this is nothing to do with 'Chinese values' or 'Chinese personalities'. I'm sorry for the events, and yes you should report it to the police, but I really hope that you put away your extremely wrong perceptions about the Chinese.

Oh, and I don't care whether he's Japanese/Vietnamese/whatever Asian. Your views are misguided and incorrect.
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kontroversial)
He looked Chinese, I have seen a lot of Chinese people, this man looked Chinese, but you all have to turn against me and say he isnt. You havent even seen the man, so you dont know what his race is, or whether he can speak our native language or not.
I was just pointing out the possible flaws in your logic.

Your accusation concerning "whether he speaks the language or not" is void, as I have not commented on this matter.
Legend22
Rep:
?
Why has this evolved to a semi-racist/thinly veiled racist rant? It's just simple: Man gets really pissed over being harassed, finds the wrong person, extracts revenge. However unfortunate the incident is, this is nothing to do with 'Chinese values' or 'Chinese personalities'. I'm sorry for the events, and yes you should report it to the police, but I really hope that you put away your extremely wrong perceptions about the Chinese.
All I said was, the man might have THOUGHT the way to deal with the trouble causers was to hit them, and he hit the two wrong kids, but times have changed and you can no longer give someone a clip around the ear without causing uproar, and if I want to talk about ''Chinese Values'' and ''Personalities'' then I bloody well will.
Legend22
Rep:
?
I was just pointing out the possible flaws in your logic.

Your accusation concerning "whether he speaks the language or not" is void, as I have not commented on this matter.
Someone did, and that is why I mentioned it in a previous post.
kidney thief
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
So you are making assumtpions that because he was Foregin, he couldnt speak English?
im saying its very likely. if he could to any competant extent, he most likely would have went down the verbal route/called the police, etc. are you saying that he could speak english but bypassed the verbal route because hitting kids is "acceptable in China"?

we can all twist words, mate.
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I want to talk about ''Chinese Values'' and ''Personalities'' then I bloody well will.
Enlighten me on this intriuging topic.
Legend22
Rep:
?
Enlighten me on this intriuging topic.
I said if I want to talk about them then I will.
Legend22
Rep:
?
im saying its very likely. if he could to any competant extent, he most likely would have went down the verbal route/called the police, etc. are you saying that he could speak english but bypassed the verbal route because hitting kids is "acceptable in China"?

we can all twist words, mate.
lmao. That isnt what I mean at all. I said I THOUGHT it might have been acceptbale to him, and the people in China. I have never been to China so I dont know how different it is to England, and I dont know what measures adults will go to to punish children if they are chinese.
kidney thief
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no one is saying he isn't chinese but you are adamant that he is- if all you have to go on is his "dark skin and slanty eyes" then people are just pointing out to you that there are other people in this world who share those charactersitics other than the chinese.
kidney thief
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lmao. That isnt what I mean at all. I said I THOUGHT it might have been acceptbale to him, and the people in China. I have never been to China so I dont know how different it is to England, and I dont know what measures adults will go to to punish children if they are chinese.
whats the difference between the "chinese" method of slapping unruly kids and the "english" method of setting dogs on them?
Legend22
Rep:
?
whats the difference between the "chinese" method of slapping unruly kids and the "english" method of setting dogs on them?
Not all English people would set dogs on people, I would though. And there are certain things you would do yourself, but what you wouldnt want other people doing, if that makes sense? And I have no idea how Chinese parents punish children, and you still didnt asnwer the question, if the man had of hit the right kids, would this have been OK for him to take force, times have changed and you cant just hit kids because you are pissed off, there are times when my mum gets pissed off with people kicking footballs against the wall, and drinking and swearing by our house, she doesnt kick and slap them, she asks them to move, years ago though, it would have been OK to give them a slap.
Legend22
Rep:
?
no one is saying he isn't chinese but you are adamant that he is- if all you have to go on is his "dark skin and slanty eyes" then people are just pointing out to you that there are other people in this world who share those charactersitics other than the chinese.
OK, I thought he was and still think he is, the only way to know for sure is to ask him, something you cant do, and something I have no intention of doing.
Comp_Genius
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I said if I want to talk about them then I will.
I know, so you don't want to?

Then your thought is wrong; again you are stereotyping an entire race. Yes, you have people in China smacking their kids, but you would have the same in any part of the world.
Legend22
Rep:
?
I know, so you don't want to?

Then your thought is wrong; again you are stereotyping an entire race. Yes, you have people in China smacking their kids, but you would have the same in any part of the world.
^Yes, but do you have them smacking OTHER PEOPLES kids?
kidney thief
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not all English people would set dogs on people,
and not all chinese people would hit people
Not all English people would set dogs on people,I would though. And there are certain things you would do yourself, but what you wouldnt want other people doing, if that makes sense?
if i understand correctly, you are saying nobody except the parents have the right to impose physical sanctions on their unruly kids. yet you would discipline those vandals by setting your dog on them... :confused:

you still didnt asnwer the question, if the man had of hit the right kids, would this have been OK for him to take force, times have changed and you cant just hit kids because you are pissed off, there are times when my mum gets pissed off with people kicking footballs against the wall, and drinking and swearing by our house, she doesnt kick and slap them, she asks them to move, years ago though, it would have been OK to give them a slap.
you dont think it would have been ok for the man to hit the right kids, but it is ok for him to have set his dog on them?!
Legend22
Rep:
?
you dont think it would have been ok for the man to hit the right kids, but it is ok for him to have set his dog on them?!
He hasnt got a dog, and like I said, I would have done that, but I wouldnt have liked him to do it.
kidney thief
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He hasnt got a dog, and like I said, I would have done that, but I wouldnt have liked him to do it.
right...you have a right to react physically to protect your property but the chinese man doesn't:confused:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (86)
46.49%
Pro-humanity (99)
53.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed