The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
kidney thief
right...you have a right to react physically to protect your property but the chinese man doesn't:confused:

Your words, not mine. :rolleyes:
no you were implying that.
Reply 282
darkenergy
no you were implying that.

I also said that there are somethings we would all do, but at the same time disagree if someone else did so.
Reply 283
I don't get which role the fact of being Chinese a plays in all this.
That was exactly what I thought.
Reply 285
SlyPie
If he was from mainland China he'd probably shoot you to death before you could kick his ass. People living/who lived in communist countries are like that.

Assume it is true, in which way would this be different from people living in the US?
Kontroversial
^Yes, but do you have them smacking OTHER PEOPLES kids?

so ppl here don't slap other people's kids?
Reply 287
oblivious
so ppl here don't slap other people's kids?

Of course they do, but I think that it is wrong to slap someone elses child.:mad: He could have asked my brother if it was him, and then told my parents, but it wasnt him, and the man hit him without even asking him first.
If you hadn't kept on referring to him as "the Chinese man" then we might feel a bit more sympathetic towards you, don't you think?
Kontroversial
Of course they do, but I think that it is wrong to slap someone elses child.:mad: He could have asked my brother if it was him, and then told my parents, but it wasnt him, and the man hit him without even asking him first.

Face it, he just made a mistake.
Reply 290
If you hadn't kept on referring to him as "the Chinese man" then we might feel a bit more sympathetic towards you, don't you think?

OK, I apologise. Sorry if I offended anyone, but that is just the way I chose to describe him. And its OK for you to say ''Face it, he just made a mistake.'' But again.. how would you feel if it was your kid?
Kontroversial
OK, I apologise. Sorry if I offended anyone, but that is just the way I chose to describe him. And its OK for you to say ''Face it, he just made a mistake.'' But again.. how would you feel if it was your kid?

i appreciate you find it difficult to accept that all of this is just a case of mistaken identity because it is your brother who has had to pay of the price of this simple but unfortunate mistake. but really, if you approach this from an unbiased viewpoint, that is exactly what it is- just a mistaken identity.
Reply 292
Who cares if Kontroversial called him "the Chinese man" anyway, it's not that offensive, I wouldn't care if I was called "the white boy" or "English man" -it's probably just the first thing that was noticable, apart from being "the shopkeeper".

Also, how can you condone an adult slapping an 11 year old? Be ashamed, it doesn't matter if he was kicking the shutters or not. It didn't teach the kid anything accept probably being **** scared to go out at night.

If the kid was 16 then fair enough, 16yr old can cope better with experiences like that, but kids remember them for a long time. It was a case of mistaken identity but I doubt the man mistook his age.
Reply 293
Kontroversial, cry me a river and get the fu*k over it. Obviously if you know what happened, then good for you and deal with it... what's the point of telling all of us if half of us accuse your brother of lying. as long as you are convinced that the shopkeeper was in the wrong, you should be satisfied and let the police handle this.
Kontroversial
Similar to these ''Chinese Men'' it is easy to tell when someone is Chinese, and if he werent Chinese then what would he be?

http://images.google.com/images?q=Chinese%20Men&hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&safe=off&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-17,GGLD:en&sa=N&tab=wi

How long did it take you to search for the worst combination of pictures? After living in China for a long time, your "brilliant" pictures cannot be a more incorrect representation of Chinese people.

Shows you how great and accurate Google search is:

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2005-17%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=English+men&btnG=Search

Now, are they all English men?

Someone Chinese:

http://ent.tom.com/img/assets/1/zjj111903.jpg

And where do the dark skin and slanty eyes come from?
Kontroversial
He looked Chinese, I have seen a lot of Chinese people, this man looked Chinese, but you all have to turn against me and say he isnt. You havent even seen the man, so you dont know what his race is, or whether he can speak our native language or not.

And you know better? You just said that Chinese people in general have dark skin and slanty eyes, which in itself shows just how "much" (rather how little) you know about what they look like. You might have seen a "lot" of Chinese people, but we may have seen more.
Kontroversial
and if I want to talk about ''Chinese Values'' and ''Personalities'' then I bloody well will.

Kontroversial
but you all have to turn against me and say he isnt.

But if you talk about "Chinese Values" and "Personalities" so incorrectly, we do have to turn against you.
How long did it take you to search for the worst combination of pictures? After living in China for a long time, your "brilliant" pictures cannot be a more incorrect representation of Chinese people.

Shows you how great and accurate Google search is:

http://images.google.com/images?svn...men&btnG=Search

Now, are they all English men?

Someone Chinese:

http://ent.tom.com/img/assets/1/zjj111903.jpg

Nice :smile:
Reply 298
OK, well arguing isnt making the situation any better. So let's leave the whole thing here, and I will tell you what happens, when and if anything gets taken further.
Reply 299

You can get Chinese people who are darker skinned than the one in that pic. And some of the eyes on Chinese people are more curved than other peoples. This just sounds like a load of ****, but he was slightly dark skinned with slanty eyes - and there are a lot of Chinese People like that.

Latest

Trending

Trending