Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i want mine best get it tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciara)
    Got mine this morning - am now so excited! All the societies look great, I will be joining thousands no doubt. The 'All You Can Eat' Society particularly excited me .

I think I'm just gonna order a ticket for the Fresher's ball..hopefully there isn't much risk of the other events selling out. What's everyone else doing?

Cxx
    Thats what i did.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah think i'm going to order a ticket too! i've bought the dress so i may as well order a ticket too!

ReputationRep:
    yay i finally got mine

been reading all your excitement too upset to post, but now i have it

24 clubs!!!!! fantastic

im probly gonna order my freshers ball ticket too, especially if colin murray is gonna be there!!

IM SO EXCITED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Tom)
    24 clubs!!!!! fantastic
    You were asking about which are the best clubs in your PM, so I'll post it here so everybody can see. Of the ones I went to;
    Propaganda at Level, Weds. - a good alternative night. Small club, and good drinks prices. One of my favourite nights out
    Ramshackle at the Academy, Fri - similar kind of music to Propaganda, but a much bigger venue. You get a few more knobheads going here, and it's gone downhill
    The Thekla is fantastic. It's a club, and it's on a boat! Not the cheapest, but well worth visiting
    The Works - avoid it like the plague. A complete meat market. Alright if you like your commercial dance I guess.
    Wedgies - you *will* go here at some point, and you'll love it or hate it. I hate it.
    Other clubs that people recommend, although I haven't been to, are Warehouse (dancy stuff), Fez Club and Po Na Na. I'm not a big clubber, I'm more of a pub man myself, so somebody else will probably know more about the scene than me.

ReputationRep:
    i love clubbin but in the ubu guide there seemed to be sufficiant lack of clubs that played dance music....it all seemed to be rnb/hip hop or indie, none of which i particulalry like lol. Plus is it me or has anyone not herd of the bands playin at freshers ball? i was gona preorder my ticks but i might wait n see whether i make friends lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wednesburywench)
    i love clubbin but in the ubu guide there seemed to be sufficiant lack of clubs that played dance music....it all seemed to be rnb/hip hop or indie, none of which i particulalry like lol. Plus is it me or has anyone not herd of the bands playin at freshers ball? i was gona preorder my ticks but i might wait n see whether i make friends lol!
    I havent heard of any of them. I think they're fairly local. They're definitely not charting stuff anyway

Not even heard them on Radio 1's new music show so local i expect.

ReputationRep:
    yea..my mates got chesney hawkes! lmao...i amm the one and only hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wednesburywench)
    yea..my mates got chesney hawkes! lmao...i amm the one and only hehe
    :eek: Where are they going?

That has to be the most cheesy (and therefore best) freshers ball band ever

ReputationRep:
    Actually still don't have my UBU handbook. Roll on tomorrow's post.

ReputationRep:
    woohoo got mine today
    must say the pizza vouchers look useful
    anyone know roughly how many tickets there are to the freshers ball thing, is it something that most people will be going to?

ReputationRep:
    Although they ain't free, hte best looking vouchers on there are for the miss millie's chicken and the pizza ones. OMG i'm gonna love getting through them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steveee)
    Actually still don't have my UBU handbook. Roll on tomorrow's post.
    Neither have i.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil_D)
    Neither have i.
    Still not. Roll on tomorrow's post.

ReputationRep:
    It came through the letterbox this morning: the letterbox, with it.

EDIT: Looks awesome, though.

ReputationRep:
    Mine arrived today - it's big. I think that I'll just pre-order tickets for the UBU Ball, and decide about the others as and when I need to.

ReputationRep:
    Still not. Roll on tomorrow's post.
    This morning i got my loan confirmation and schedule, the pin for my new Switch card and a "Uni Survival Guide" from UCAS. But no UBU Handbook.

ReputationRep:
    Just opened my Student Account with Nat West... and my loan confirmation for Cambridge... hmmm. Apparently my LEA are stupid and slow.

ReputationRep:
    Just opened my Student Account with Nat West... and my loan confirmation for Cambridge... hmmm. Apparently my LEA are stupid and slow.
    I had that! I was meant to be going to Cambridge last year, didn't get in, and around June this year got sent a letter asking me to renew my loan for my second year at Cambs! Even though i'd never registered it or taken any money out. As such, when I log onto the LEA, it says I have 2 loan applications running, I reckon it'd be possible to get 2 loans at once tbh they're so useless.

ReputationRep:
    I've not been impressed with Natwest so far. Got my student account with them too, just upgraded my current account. Received a letter saying to go pick up new card and cheque book from bank and I toddled up to town, but the guy I talked to was rather stupid and didn't seem to know what was going on. Said the stuff should of been sent to my house not the bank (even when I showed him the letter saying to pick it up from my branch)! Going to have another go tomorrow.

Another way indeed...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.