Turn on thread page Beta

Today I saved a womens life! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Woo. Today on my way home I just happened to be going the same way as this women aged 20 something and I saved her from what could have been a nasty accident.

I started crossing the road and stopped in the middle as I saw this car coming down the other half of the road and didn't think I could make it all the way to the other side in time, so waited for it to pass.
    Then before I knew it the women had started to cross with the car still coming towards her. At this time everything had sort of slowed down and I needed to act fast.
    So I just grabbed her arm, firmly said 'wait' and pulled her back into the middle next to me, then the car went past. But this all happened in the space of a few seconds / at the same time. :eek:

After the car past and the road was safe we crossed.

She was then like oh my God, I wasn't looking, I'm half asleep and she said thank you. To which I replied it's ok and carrying on walking home.

Moral of this story is always look both ways before crossing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TW-04)
    Woo. Today on my way home I just happened to be going the same way as this women aged 20 something and I saved her from what could have been a nasty accident.

I started crossing the road and stopped in the middle as I saw this car coming down the other half of the road and didn't think I could make it all the way to the other side in time, so waited for it to pass.
    Then before I knew it the women had started to cross with the car still coming towards her. At this time everything had sort of slowed down and I needed to act fast.
    So I just grabbed her arm, firmly said 'wait' and pulled her back into the middle next to me, then the car went past. But this all happened in the space of a few seconds / at the same time. :eek:

After the car past and the road was safe we crossed.

She was then like oh my God, I wasn't looking, I'm half asleep and she said thank you. To which I replied it's ok and carrying on walking home.

Moral of this story is always look both ways before crossing!
    well done The thing about time slowing down sounded strange though.

ReputationRep:
    Aww Well Done you life saver! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    awww tsr has its own life saver now :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    When we sense danger there's this psychological phenonemon that others will be able to explain better than me. I guess time does seem to slow down in our minds because we need to concentrate on just the thought processes needed to act.

/nerd

Anyway well done you!

ReputationRep:
    Flight or Fihgt syndrome. In other words adrenaline causes us to take action... That what you refering to

Well Done Hun She was lucky to have you there.

ReputationRep:
    Well, sleep well tonight or, stay up looking up the singular version of "women" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Lifesaving is a far more valuable skill than spelling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evenstar)
    Lifesaving is a far more valuable skill than spelling!
    Very true!

ReputationRep:
    Jealous of that woman.

When I nearly got run over the other day all the people on the other side of the road could do was scream-they didn't shout stop or anything!How ruuude!

ReputationRep:
    This must be very hard to explain, but I saved some bloke from getting a possibly very nasty injury. Imagine this, you are going up an escalator, then the next floor is approaching, now this guy was sticking his head out, while the next floor was approaching, until I yanked him at the last second so he didn't get his neck crushed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    awww tsr has its own life saver now :hugs:
    hahahaha :rofl: :rofl: that *HAS* to be sarcasm.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.