self-contained twin en-suite accommodation Watch

katie-1991
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
my university, the university of northampton, have offered me a self-contained twin en-suite accommodation room....but what does this mean? i applied for a single en-suite room and they given me this1 does it mean i'm going to be living my own in halls boooo!!!! please help!!!
Grotbag
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're basically sharing the equivalet of a self-contained studio.
Duckandthat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You've Got A Room Mate! :rofl:
Persipan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Through the magic of looking at their website, I discover that they describe this type of accommodation as "Self-contained twin- bedded room with en-suite facilities including shower, wash hand basin and toilet. Separate kitchen. Network access included."
rach [shikari]
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Doesn't that mean there will be two of you in 1 room... American style. Have fun bringing people back :P
Persipan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rach [shikari])
Doesn't that mean there will be two of you in 1 room... American style.
I'm assuming they mean it's for two people, because the website also had a room type that was basically 'like that but for single occupancy.' (OK, those weren't their exact words, but that was what it meant...)
katie-1991
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
what the hell! i cant share a room with someone! i'd rather have a year out and apply again! i have a boyfriend who i've been with for 16 months!!! and who is going to uni 30 minutes away so we're always going to be attempting to stay at each others

any suggestions on what i can doooo???
rach [shikari]
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Find different accomodation. Private housing, private halls etc.
EmmaM88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You are sharing a room with another person, having seen them they are quite spacious, with the neccessaries and usually couples tend to share them.

My advice is to cancel and look for private accomodation, as there is plenty still going. I know a few landlords that have got empty properties or are looking for one person here or there.

Pm me for more details if you arent sure who to approach in regards to halls and how to get hold of the housing list
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.62%
Disagree (4)
7.69%
Neither agree or disagree (15)
28.85%
Agree (18)
34.62%
Strongly Agree (10)
19.23%

Watched Threads