Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I much prefer this autumn/ winter fashion to the past summers. Probably partly because Britain hasn't had much of a summer and I was usually wrapped up in many layers so I didn't have chance to wear my summer clobber- Anyway this autumn/winter fashion is superb I love it!! It is such a romantic/sexy/ classic look, I'm very impressed. Victoriana and sharp tailoring can make any woman look smart. Is it just me, or are lots of you just sooo spoilt for choice on what to buy?!!

ReputationRep:
    I hate summer clothes. Winter always has better things to offer. I love the winter in general not just for clothes. I must prefer cold weather. And there's Christmas too!

I agree that this A/W the clothes are particularly beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    I always prefer winter clothes but I have my own style which I wear with a few fashionable pieces rather than just following fashions. Trouble is my style is now this winter's fashion, so next year I'll look really out of date!

ReputationRep:
    Im loving this winters fashion choices. Leggings!--whahay.
    I like the whole waistcoats thing as well , really smart (i got a velvet one to work that in).
    Also -flares- apparently they're back with vangence...and much nicer this time. I got a pair of cropped trousers (tailored) that flare out , wore them with wedges..gorgeous.

So exciting....i hate to sound weird...but new look is bloody good at the mo.
    I mean i've worked sort of subtle rock chic stuff into my wardrobe and in small doses it still looks fab.
    I've read the top 50 trends for this winter in Now and then the top ten in Star and they are fab.

Still debating over what coat and boots to buy though.

xx

ReputationRep:
    I've always hated winter clothes and I still do. Summer is so much better... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzyLizzy)
    Im loving this winters fashion choices. Leggings!--whahay.
    I like the whole waistcoats thing as well , really smart (i got a velvet one to work that in).
    Also -flares- apparently they're back with vangence...and much nicer this time. I got a pair of cropped trousers (tailored) that flare out , wore them with wedges..gorgeous.

So exciting....i hate to sound weird...but new look is bloody good at the mo.
    I mean i've worked sort of subtle rock chic stuff into my wardrobe and in small doses it still looks fab.
    I've read the top 50 trends for this winter in Now and then the top ten in Star and they are fab.

Still debating over what coat and boots to buy though.

xx
    i agree with you, New Look is pretty darn good at the moment, and very well priced as usual. River Island is also really good, with an ace mix of going out clothes and casual stuff. im lovin it!

ReputationRep:
    Winter rocks. I bought a nice dress from new look a couple of weeks ago, always get complimented on it. And River Island basics are so gorgeous.

I've basically got my winter wardrobe sorted... but I'm having major trouble finding a nice victoriana blouse, boots (which I want!) or a nice winter coat. All the shops have them, but not what I want specifically. Argh.

ReputationRep:
    i like winter, cos i get to wear a nice skirt, with tights.

ReputationRep:
    Summer, because it feels like I always need to wear a jacket otherwise - fall jacket, winter coat, spring jacet. It's nice to just wear a light skirt and top for a few months of the year.

ReputationRep:
    loving the whole gothic fairytale looks with lots of greys and sparkly!

ReputationRep:
    ^ Yeah I agree the gothic look is so pretty.

Winter is a much more beautiful season...I like wrapping up. A good scarf and nice coat is all you really need, with summer it's hard wearing jeans (which I live in) as it's too hot and sticky.

This year's things are nice, so much selection! Military, Victorian, Gothic... I don't usually follow fashion but this season has caught me eye.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks girls... so what do you think is a defo must buy this winter??

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or are skinny jeans in at the minute?

ReputationRep:
    ive just bought a chocolate brown corduroy (sp.!!??) hat from accessorize which i intend to team with my burgendy coat and purple/gold/maroon silk scarf. Thinking day to day jeans and boots/trainers but with the hat there may be some addition of style. But my tip would just be chocolaty brown as a colour cos it goes with the military look and can also pass with the whole gothic trend too imo.

ReputationRep:
    i'm having trouble finding a coat i really like too! i'm going up north soon so really need a warm one lol think i will go shopping agan tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the Oxford Street Topshop for coats. They have loads, and very reasonably priced.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with most people, this autumn/winter is amazing for clothes. I'm so excited about autumn just because of the beautiful clothes! ^_^

I got my winter coat from Topshop Oxford Circus last year. Purple cordroy trenchcoat. Huge pockets and really cosy. Purple is still in this year too, so I dont have to worry so much about getting a new one!

I really want a pair of Victorian boots and a Victorian blouse...

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I disagree. I prefer summer fashion. Just cos I like wearing skirts without freezing, and I don't like jumpers. But I do agree about New Look being damn good at the moment! I've bought loads of stuff from there recently

ReputationRep:
    Primark should have its own public holiday, flag, street, department in my house.... i love it in there. cheap and cheerful like me!

ReputationRep:
    Primark in Derby has closed down never really went there though part from for pop socks!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.