The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They're good choices, but it really depends what you want to do in the future. Do you know what you would maybe like to do at uni or as a career? Also, are you sure that you want to do 5? Because it will be alot of work. And are you in year 11 right now? If so, it's good that your thinking about what you want to do, but be aware that you might change your mind a great deal in the next year. It might seem difficult to believe, I know when I was starting year 11 all the teachers kept telling me that I might change my mind a billion times before sith form, and I didn't believe them, because I was so sure I knew what I wanted to do. But in the end I hadn't fully decided until right before the summer holidays, and alot of people I know changed their minds even after that. So think carefully and keep an open mind.
Reply 2
wats sixth form? yeah i'm in the 11th grade but i've started my alevels... i'm doing them from Pakistan so the systems a little different. i dont know what i want to do thats my biggest problem!!! how about english language and literature?
Thanks for your advice... i'm so confused and i'm sick of being confused its been this way for like 3 weeks and its starting to annoy me now... i know its all me but ......
Sixth form is what we call Years 12 and 13 in the UK; the 2 years after we finish compulsory education when we take our A-levels. You seem pretty decided on maths, physics and chemistry, so if you're not sure what you'd like to do in the future, how about taking English language and literature to leave your options open a bit. If you feel able to cope with the workload, you could take further maths as well to give you an advantage if you end up applying for maths, physics etc at univeristy.
Replace Business Studies with Economics.
Reply 5
Do what you are good at and enjoy. 5 A-Levels is a lot of work though, so I'd think carefully about choosing that.
Reply 6
I would stick to 4 A-levels instead of 5. Since you have decided on taking Maths, Phsyics, and Chemistry, a fourth A-level could be Business Studies or Economics to balance the subject type. I would recommend Economics instead of Business Studies.
I have chosen to complete the following A levels: Double Business, Geography and Philosophy and Ethics.I am very intrested in business but am apprehensive about how lowly regarded business is? why is this? and do i stand a chance of getting into a good uni with these a levels? What Alevels do you recommend for business orientated degree at business?

Thank you v much for your time xxxx
Reply 8
the school wont let me take economics with that combination... they say its gonna be really really hard and i mite just break under all the pressure and stuff....
Reply 9
c.h.r.i.s.s.y
I have chosen to complete the following A levels: Double Business, Geography and Philosophy and Ethics.I am very intrested in business but am apprehensive about how lowly regarded business is? why is this? and do i stand a chance of getting into a good uni with these a levels? What Alevels do you recommend for business orientated degree at business?

i think u shud take accounts or economics to back up double business but i'm not sure what double business exactly is cuz its not offered here... otherwise i think u have a good blend .... btw u mite wanna take math cuz it always helps
Reply 10
at least you have subs u wanna do, but in our school they only do comunications and not phsycology :frown:
Reply 11
if only i knew what career i was going into... of that i dont have the fainest idea then subject choices wud be so easy but really how is my subject choice?
c.h.r.i.s.s.y

You'll have to check that the universities you want to apply to accept AVCEs because some don't. If they do, your choices should be fine.
Reply 13
further maths or economics would be good with those other 3 - either!
Reply 14
thanks... i've decided on further math, chem,physics, math and bussiness studies!!!
frixis
thanks... i've decided on further math, chem,physics, math and bussiness studies!!!

Nice one, I've just started further maths and it's not as hard as I thought. And it makes normal maths seem easy :biggrin:
Reply 16
eroded
Nice one, I've just started further maths and it's not as hard as I thought. And it makes normal maths seem easy :biggrin:

yup that it does... i took addmath last year for my gce o levels and math didnt seem that bad... but there's no specific book for the cambridge board further math exam which kinda puts us in a pickle.... but i guess we'll be just fine... i hope!!!
Reply 17
Economics is a low maintenance subject but but you might want an Arts/Humanities to balance you from science just at AS level which as I'm sure you know, you can drop to concentrate on what you like.
Reply 18
Lol I can't help but notice there are hardly any girls doing Physics at A Level and even less at uni! Why is this I wonder?
Reply 19
It bored the hell out of me at gcse so there was no way i was going to do alevel

Latest