Creamfields Watch

MalcomNewMoney84
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
it's only recently that i've really been getting into my dance music. house, dubstep etcccc. i'm going to creamfields music festival at the end of august.
going to be camping for the weekend! the line up looks sick.

could anyone please share their experiences from creamfields? The do's and don'ts (i've never been to a music festival before), do you reckon i'll have a good time?

safe
rach [shikari]
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You will have as good a time as you make it. I haven't been to Creamfields as its always on the same weekend as Leeds and I go there religiously now. I have however been to Global Gathering and it was awesome. Enjoy.
Krishna442
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yea you'll have an awesome time. went to creamfields last year (was my first festival)
it is what u make it. and how into your music you are also plays a part on what u do. for example.. spend some time getting a tattoo or going on the rides or getting drunk/high @ campsite... or head towards the main arena at 12pm to see judge jules before he leaves for ibiza. the timings necklace booklet thing is also really useful to have and whilst it is a rip that u have to pay for it.. i look on it as quite a cool souvenir. but knowing when which artist is meant to be where is really handy especially if u wanna catch a variety of acts.

also in terms of where u go.. it's ok to be switching around in the middle of the day but if u want to get a decent spot (or in some cases even make it into the tent - swedish house mafia!) 2-3 hrs before the final headline acts u should sorta make ur way to the specific stage u wanna go see and just stay there.

oh and bring your own food. eating there is really expensive.
MalcomNewMoney84
Rep:
?
(Original post by Krishna442)
yea you'll have an awesome time. went to creamfields last year (was my first festival)
it is what u make it. and how into your music you are also plays a part on what u do. for example.. spend some time getting a tattoo or going on the rides or getting drunk/high @ campsite... or head towards the main arena at 12pm to see judge jules before he leaves for ibiza. the timings necklace booklet thing is also really useful to have and whilst it is a rip that u have to pay for it.. i look on it as quite a cool souvenir. but knowing when which artist is meant to be where is really handy especially if u wanna catch a variety of acts.

also in terms of where u go.. it's ok to be switching around in the middle of the day but if u want to get a decent spot (or in some cases even make it into the tent - swedish house mafia!) 2-3 hrs before the final headline acts u should sorta make ur way to the specific stage u wanna go see and just stay there.

oh and bring your own food. eating there is really expensive.
ah that's really helpful. thanks for your time buddy. hmm not sure if i can be arsed to wait 3 hours. then again swedish house mafia are bigggg! and i'd defo wana see them!! haha, bet that tent will be rammed with them inside. looking forward to david guetta too. :woo:

what sort of food and booze did u bring?
Krishna442
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MalcomNewMoney84)
ah that's really helpful. thanks for your time buddy. hmm not sure if i can be arsed to wait 3 hours. then again swedish house mafia are bigggg! and i'd defo wana see them!! haha, bet that tent will be rammed with them inside. looking forward to david guetta too. :woo:

what sort of food and booze did u bring?
yea i'm not sure if u misunderstood me. u won't be waiting for 3 hours in an empty tent with nothing happening... there'l be constant music from like 1ish til 11. so for example if the shm were starting the set at 9.. u'd wanna be making ur way over there for half 7 8ish if u wanted to get into the tent. takes time getting through all the crowd everywhere etc. my bad if u got me the first time.

yea guetta will have massive demand. last year he was on the cream arena (this year he's on main stage) and they had to stop the music and ask people to start leaving because too many people were trying to enter the arena at once.

food.. depends on how keen u are really. disposable bbq and w/e bbq meat are order for the day with lots of people. making a load of sandwiches would be a good shout.. eat them as u want.. take up little room. snacks/haribo/crisps. we even brought some milk and cereal.. that was a bit unnecessary but was really nice to have in the morning. bring enough so that u have food for the weekend.. (cos it is expensive all the food there) but at the same time if u bring too much ur just carrying excess and it's a bit of a trek from the car park to the camping site.

in terms of booze, whatever u want really. crate of beers.. spirits. just avoid glass bottles and it doesn't really matter what you bring.
oli321
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Me and my mate are going , camping all weekend , jut wondering how far you have to carry the camping stuff from the car park to the campsite? planning to take lots of beer
rach [shikari]
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by oli321)
Me and my mate are going , camping all weekend , jut wondering how far you have to carry the camping stuff from the car park to the campsite? planning to take lots of beer

If its too far for you to carry all your stuff, then make more than one trip from the car.
oli321
Report 9 years ago
Did that at Download this year , just wondered if Creamfields was any different .........
Krishna442
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Did that at Download this year , just wondered if Creamfields was any different .........
you know, i'm not sure if they let you in and out again. i might be wrong, but either way. it's an absolute trek to get from the car park to the camping site. earlier you get there the better.
sian.p
Report 9 years ago

Hey it can be quite far depending on where your car is parked and which colour campsite you get in, there was a few people last year with wheelbarrows with all their stuff in. Apparently they are going to rent them out at the entrance this year but dont know how true that is!! It should be awesomeee again cant wait :woo:
oli321
Report 9 years ago
Oh right , i really am surprised you cant get there on the Friday and chillout at your camp with your mates and meet everyone around you, this was great at download this year. I think it will be too much rushing around getting everything set up on the Saturday morning and going straight to the arena , such a naf idea !! still looking forward to it though !
ryant71
Report 9 years ago
For dance etc. you want to go to Global Gathering, has by far the best atmosphere. Cream is pretty well known for it's good lineup but very lousy atmosphere and even worse people. Even Radio One call it the underage festival.

All I can say is take the bare minimum to your tent, also take a padalock.

Then visit http://www.globalgathering.com to book your early bird ticket for next year

As for the going in and out, it's a "once your in, your in" policy. As for beer, I believe it is 2 crates and 2 bottles per person.

Oh some more tips, like said above somewhere, buy a lanyard (tells you the times) you WILL need this to catch the good acts, at GG they are £7 but well worth it, dunno what they look like at Cream but they are worth the price at GG.

Once you have your lanyard it is best to plan who you want to see and what times to set off, make sure to familerise yourself with the layout so you know the way, there should be a map on the lanyard.

Organise a place to meet if you get split from your group, at Global we said the car (you are allowed in and out there) but at Cream you will probably want to use the camp site or somewhere easy to remember.

Take wet wipes and water, you will need em.

Wellies!

Plenty of socks.

Take a camera, you will regret it otherwise and remember to take plenty of pics and videos.

Make friends with campers near by (is that possible at cream? :P) that way you have someone who will lookout for your tent when you are gone, vicer versa. At global my tent came up pegged and blew off apparently! The guys next to us were nice enough to bring it back

This is a must: DO NOT CAMP NEAR A PATH, you WILL get drunks using your tent as a toilet or the area around you.

That's all I can think off right now, my heads still banging from Global. Have fun.
Krishna442
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ryant71)
For dance etc. you want to go to Global Gathering, has by far the best atmosphere. Cream is pretty well known for it's good lineup but very lousy atmosphere and even worse people. Even Radio One call it the underage festival.

All I can say is take the bare minimum to your tent, also take a padalock.

Then visit http://www.globalgathering.com to book your early bird ticket for next year

As for the going in and out, it's a "once your in, your in" policy. As for beer, I believe it is 2 crates and 2 bottles per person.

Oh some more tips, like said above somewhere, buy a lanyard (tells you the times) you WILL need this to catch the good acts, at GG they are £7 but well worth it, dunno what they look like at Cream but they are worth the price at GG.

Once you have your lanyard it is best to plan who you want to see and what times to set off, make sure to familerise yourself with the layout so you know the way, there should be a map on the lanyard.

Organise a place to meet if you get split from your group, at Global we said the car (you are allowed in and out there) but at Cream you will probably want to use the camp site or somewhere easy to remember.

Take wet wipes and water, you will need em.

Wellies!

Plenty of socks.

Take a camera, you will regret it otherwise and remember to take plenty of pics and videos.

Make friends with campers near by (is that possible at cream? :P) that way you have someone who will lookout for your tent when you are gone, vicer versa. At global my tent came up pegged and blew off apparently! The guys next to us were nice enough to bring it back

This is a must: DO NOT CAMP NEAR A PATH, you WILL get drunks using your tent as a toilet or the area around you.

That's all I can think off right now, my heads still banging from Global. Have fun.
never been to global so can't compare. but didn't have any problems last time, and nothing got nicked from our tent.
i think i chose creamfields this year just because i felt the lineup was so much better, i mean dizzee rascal. what is that all about..
bonesmurphy
Report 9 years ago
Do EVERYTHING you can think of, hoenstly, went alst year for the first time and it was so well laid out and everything and no one really seemed to bat an eyelid at anything that went on, it was all the norm! jsut let your hair down and enjoy it haha, had a magic weekend there last year and cant wait to get back again this eyar!

I was in the VIP last year but ditching it this year for the full experience, actually getting more and more excited as every minute passes! haha
cumbria_casual
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The lineup at Cream absolutely pisses all over GG, i went last year and i didnt see any trouble at all and nothing got nicked.

And when has radio 1 ever reffered to it as the underage festival?
ryant71
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cumbria_casual)
The lineup at Cream absolutely pisses all over GG, i went last year and i didnt see any trouble at all and nothing got nicked.

And when has radio 1 ever reffered to it as the underage festival?
Every so often when the refer to it, just remember hearing it a few times.

Stuff gets nicked at every festival, it's bound to happen. Like I said, take a padlock and your fine :yep:

Also yes the lineup is good, but the atmosphere will not compare.
Krishna442
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ryant71)
Every so often when the refer to it, just remember hearing it a few times.

Stuff gets nicked at every festival, it's bound to happen. Like I said, take a padlock and your fine :yep:

Also yes the lineup is good, but the atmosphere will not compare.
MalcomNewMoney84
Rep:
?
just listening to radio 1s essential mix live from ibiza. oh my golly gosh. so, so psyched for creamy!
mau5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by MalcomNewMoney84)
just listening to radio 1s essential mix live from ibiza. oh my golly gosh. so, so psyched for creamy!
Only listened to Annie Macs mix but it's sweet. Who you going to see at Creamfields?
Krishna442
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mau5)
Only listened to Annie Macs mix but it's sweet. Who you going to see at Creamfields?
gareth emery -> deadmau5 -> swedish house mafia.
that's my weekend right ther.. i'd love to go see armin van buuren after deadmau5 but making it over there might be too much effort.. will probs just stick with guetta.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (66)
17.55%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (238)
63.3%
Not yet but I am planning to (19)
5.05%
Not yet but I might (53)
14.1%

Watched Threads