maths ps help Watch

This discussion is closed.
nepali_babu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
hey im writing a personal statement for maths but having a bit of a problem. i just dont know wt to include. and the stuff i do include..i dont know how to relate it to my assets if u know wt i mean. jst like being a good team wrker nd responsible. ne one got ne adivce on sorta extra activites u take on that make u sound good or even skool activites like 6th form committee.

nd ya i do maths bio chem nd phys rite nw. bt in my statement i jus seem to write bout maths. hw cn i include da other subjects while stil showing the uni dat im reli intrested in maths.

ne help will b greatly appreciated guys so plzzz!!! thanks a lot
oxymoron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dr Shrestha)
hey im writing a personal statement for maths but having a bit of a problem. i just dont know wt to include. and the stuff i do include..i dont know how to relate it to my assets if u know wt i mean. jst like being a good team wrker nd responsible. ne one got ne adivce on sorta extra activites u take on that make u sound good or even skool activites like 6th form committee.

nd ya i do maths bio chem nd phys rite nw. bt in my statement i jus seem to write bout maths. hw cn i include da other subjects while stil showing the uni dat im reli intrested in maths.

You're asking for ideas of activities? :confused:
It's a bit late for that really, you can't say you do something if you don't. You don't have to mention chem and phys if you don't want to, but they do tie in very nicely with maths (physics especially) as they are very mathematical subjects.
If you want more detailed advice, post your draft in the Ask a Helper forum.
Jump
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
For activities you may wish to put things such as so-doku, puzzles or even board games such as Chess and Go as they require a certain degree of logical thinking to play.

With regards to Physics and Chemistry you could discuss particular aspects of the courses that you enjoyed and/or feel benefitted you as a student. For example, "I found my Chemistry coursework project very rewarding and certainly learnt a great deal about time management and schedules when completing large tasks".
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dr Shrestha)

what do you have so far? pm me if necessary.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?