This discussion is closed.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I was just wondering what people understood by fair trade and what their thoughts on it are.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I was just wondering what people understood by fair trade and what their thoughts on it are.
I like the idea of fair trade.
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its where everyone is happy in the end !!!
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't think that anybody would go out of their way to actively dislike fair trade products.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by prince_capri)
its where everyone is happy in the end !!!

not everyone.

personally, i think its a great idea...but its sad that its come to it.

love Katy ***
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fair trade to me is a company setup by a social entreprenuer for the intention of making the world better for everybody. I think fair trade companies idealy should not have profit as the most important goal.

There a lot of companies claiming fair trade by saying they give jobs to poor chineese people but in reality they end up being sweet shops like the ones Richer Sound's goods are made in. The workers actually live in the factories. Its like it was in Britian in the 1850's.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
fair trade is a free mraket idea and is marketed by left wing socialsist. SO it is a bit stragne.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Fair trade to me is a company setup by a social entreprenuer for the intention of making the world better for everybody. I think fair trade companies idealy should not have profit as the most important goal.

There a lot of companies claiming fair trade by saying they give jobs to poor chineese people but in reality they end up being sweet shops like the ones Richer Sound's goods are made in. The workers actually live in the factories. Its like it was in Britian in the 1850's.
I think the word you are looking for is a sweat shop.
A sweet shop would be rather nice methinks
J
What's Chico Time Precious?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh i thought Richer sounds just sold out if season stock and older models :confused: well you learn something new everyday, ta :eek:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (147)
60.49%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.53%
No- I want it (68)
27.98%
No- I don't want it (17)
7%

Watched Threads