This discussion is closed.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jonatan)
If you take a look at the resolutions imposed on Israel you will see quite an interesting pattern.

US + Israel: Against
Europe: Abstaining
Arab states: In favour

Result: Resolution passed....
um no, US - veto all the ones where europe abstained anbd which were biased.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
We did not give him any WMD. Daddy bush puleld troops back because it would have been illegal to invade. They still dont care about genocide - armenians anyone.
it was illegal to invade this time round.
but Baby bush still carried on dragging his poodle with him
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
What was illegal? If you declare war on a country your are perfectly entitled to invade
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
Helllooooooooo? Israel is trying to block people from enetering Israel , the Jewish Gethoes prohibited Jews from LEAVING them. Israel has in no way surrounded the palestinians with the fence, Its only the borders towards Israel which are closed. I canæt beleive people are so ignorant as to compare this fence with the berlin wall or the nazi gethoes. The wall is not trying to stop people from egtting out, it stops people from egtting IN!
As far as i knew there were border fences around palestine. Hence why they dig tunnels through which to smuggle guns, but i may be wrong, in which case i concede the point, but remember there are palestinian enclaves surrounded by israeli territory, so for those areas the effect will still be a getho (apologies for wrong spelling before)
J
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
is it a nice colour/pattern?
Lets face it, no one would want the scar if it didn't actually look good.
J
its black and white checks....nothing that special....an arab style scarf not like a normal scarf
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
what so they should have broken the 'law' the first time and not the second time. Even though technically they did not break the law (search up the old thread on international law).
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
THOSE ACTS OF GENOCIDE TOOK PLACE AFTER THE FIRST GULF WAR! BUT DADDY BUSH PULLED US TROOPS OUT BECAUSE HE WAS BECOMING UNPOPULAR BACK HOME. NO ONE CARED ABOUT GENOCIDE THEN. UNDOUBTEDLY FRANCE AND GERMANY ARE ALSO TO BLAME BUT THE USA DID SUPPLY CHEMICAL WEAPONS.........IT WILL BE INTERESTING IF THERE IS A FULL COURT CASE THING AGAINST SADDAM......SO WHERE DID HE GET THE WEAPONS FROM? OH WHOOPS WE GAVE THEM TO HIM!
Im afraid you are terribly wrong. The US did not sell Saddam any chemical weapons. They did support him with conventional weapons, but the main part of the chemical weapons and their technology were supplied by france and germany. In addition France were helping Saddam to build a nuclear reactor outside of baghdad, this was however bombed by Israel as it feared Saddam would use it to construct nuclear warheads. Furthermore, everyone agree that it was a great mistake not to remove Saddam back in 1991. The main reason this was not done was because it was thought he would not be able to remain in power after his defeat in Kuwait.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eggy Hog)
What was illegal? If you declare war on a country your are perfectly entitled to invade
well the UN says you are not and i dont even get the point of declaring war, its far better to launch a surpirise attack
JaF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
im anti-bush....doesnt make me anti-american, just because i dont like the government./.....besides half my family live there!
I never said it did and I never said you were. :confused:

I was making a comment about people who make judgements without knowing the facts.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
then why didnt bush snr invade during the first gulf war...where i would have supported him for doing so acting against genocide....but instead he pulled out troops because of US public opinion....and then his son comess back over 10 yrs later and talks about genocide...which his dad ignored!

Bush snr....encouraged the Shia's in the south to revolt and the Kurds in the north after the Kuwait invasion (Gulf War 1) they were promised american support but left on their own.....hence the genocide....blood baths all over iraq........this is what makes me ANGRY the hypocrisy of the USA
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And did they actually declare war? No.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
(Original post by JSM)
um no, US - veto all the ones where europe abstained anbd which were biased.
That has been the pattern in the security council, in the general assembly the pattern has been what I previously stated (Thus the famous resolution were zionism was equalized with racism )
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JaF)
I never said it did and I never said you were. :confused:

I was making a comment about people who make judgements without knowing the facts.
no i didnt mean you were saying it personally....sorry it does seem directed at you....i was just pointing it out
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Im afraid you are terribly wrong. The US did not sell Saddam any chemical weapons. They did support him with conventional weapons, but the main part of the chemical weapons and their technology were supplied by france and germany. In addition France were helping Saddam to build a nuclear reactor outside of baghdad, this was however bombed by Israel as it feared Saddam would use it to construct nuclear warheads. Furthermore, everyone agree that it was a great mistake not to remove Saddam back in 1991. The main reason this was not done was because it was thought he would not be able to remain in power after his defeat in Kuwait.
THe Usa are not gonna admit to selling him weapons!
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
well the UN says you are not and i dont even get the point of declaring war, its far better to launch a surpirise attack
By that I mean, the US warned Saddam Hussein they would invade if he didn't comply and they carried out their threat.
Did Argentina have UN support when they invaded the Falklands? No. But the war they waged wasn't "illegal" and nor was the second gulf war
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That has been the pattern in the security council, in the general assembly the pattern has been what I previously stated (Thus the famous resolution were zionism was equalized with racism )
i know, but israel is as bad if not worse than the palestiniansb ecause it is a technologically advanced country (hence parallels with the Nazis) surpressing a larger group of people/. probably closer to the Italians and Abbyssinia.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tina)
then why didnt bush snr invade during the first gulf war...where i would have supported him for doing so acting against genocide....but instead he pulled out troops because of US public opinion....and then his son comess back over 10 yrs later and talks about genocide...which his dad ignored!

Bush snr....encouraged the Shia's in the south to revolt and the Kurds in the north after the Kuwait invasion (Gulf War 1) they were promised american support but left on their own.....hence the genocide....blood baths all over iraq........this is what makes me ANGRY the hypocrisy of the USA
Once again, everyone agree it was a mistake not to remove saddam in 1991. It was however thought he would not manage to remain in power after the defeat, and the US thought an uprising amongst the Iraqis would cause a revolution.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
what so they should have broken the 'law' the first time and not the second time. Even though technically they did not break the law (search up the old thread on international law).
had they invaded the first time it would have been with popular international support......they would have been saving millions of people from Saddam the monster...instead they waited for years until it suited them to go back in then used...."liberation" as a facade for securing their own means.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Once again, everyone agree it was a mistake not to remove saddam in 1991. It was however thought he would not manage to remain in power after the defeat, and the US thought an uprising amongst the Iraqis would cause a revolution.
they PROMISED support to the iraqis and failed to give it....how were the iraqis supposed to uprise against saddam when he had chemical weapons and far more power than the poor citizens of Iraq !
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
had they invaded the first time it would have been with popular international support......they would have been saving millions of people from Saddam the monster...instead they waited for years until it suited them to go back in then used...."liberation" as a facade for securing their own means.
their own means?

you appear to have been suckered in, to the anit war debate. There are solid reasons for not going to war, but not this and so what they made a mistake. they try to rectify it and you all complain.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads