This discussion is closed.
Eggy Hog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
considering he has first hand experience and its from the Independent its fairly reliable
possibly. However, the job of any reporter is to sell his articles and I'm sure many of them aren't adverse to tampering with the facts to make their arguments more conclusive
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
but the thing is i cant see that happening soon, the zionist lobby in america is v.powerful and in contrast the muslim population tends to be from more w/c backgrounds.....a lot of African Americans in poverty turn to Islam...i doubt theyll have much influence on gvt policy
much like the opposite of European politics...
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eggy Hog)
possibly. However, the job of any reporter is to sell his articles and I'm sure many of them aren't adverse to tampering with the facts to make their arguments more conclusive
i doubt theyd falsely accuse the israeli army
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
accepted the palestinian government is not that effective,. but the fact is israel is making v little attempt towards peace. its all very well talking about defence against suicide bombers but what abt when israel roll their tanks into gaza shooting at innocent children...destroying homes....im not just being emotional...FACT this happens and some brave israeli soldiers have refused to serve because of it
you poor deluded soul, how narrow-sighted can one person be.
the unilateral proposition of Sharons is not for peace?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
interesting you say that because france's large arab population hasnt stopped the gvt from a move to banning headscarves
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
That may be more of a locality thing - Europe is closer to the arab world, has closer ties etc. Besides, we've been fighting them for centuries lol
J
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
#
yes i see what u mean....terrorism is ignored in some places and its disgusting how saddam went from being an ally to enemy in a space of about 20 years
live through the cold war and youll know why...
incidentally, Bush has condemned this policy of supporting states based on immediate interest...
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you poor deluded soul, how narrow-sighted can one person be.
the unilateral proposition of Sharons is not for peace?
you're the deluded one.......FACT Sharon was PERSONALLY respomsible for the Sabra & Shatila massacres of the 1980s
he is a cold blooded murderer
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
That may be more of a locality thing - Europe is closer to the arab world, has closer ties etc. Besides, we've been fighting them for centuries lol
J
and we have a massive Arab population?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
live through the cold war and youll know why...
incidentally, Bush has condemned this policy of supporting states based on immediate interest...
Baby Bush paying lip service to something doesnt amount to much
hes also committed to teh roadmap for peace in palestine...so he says but continues to support israel
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
you're the deluded one.......FACT Sharon was PERSONALLY respomsible for the Sabra & Shatila massacres of the 1980s
he is a cold blooded murderer
can you run through the details of those massacres for us?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
can you run through the details of those massacres for us?
sure give me a few secs to get some figures or an article
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
Baby Bush paying lip service to something doesnt amount to much
hes also committed to teh roadmap for peace in palestine...so he says but continues to support israel
how does supporting a road map of peace that offers both sides what they want amount to supporting Israel?
the only thing that is preventing the road map from progressing is EU sponsored palestinian terrorism
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
Bigger than the US, but we have alot more muslims (not arabs) and more sympathisers. Take Germany - it has a huge amount of turks.
J
Eggy Hog
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
An interesting fact. The most common name for a boys born in Brussels this past year was Mohammed
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sharon commanded the invasion of lebanon in 1982

20,000 civilians killed by his armies
42 houses, schools and a mosque destroyed in one attack
Red Cross figures = 2,500 civilans seriously injured
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how does supporting a road map of peace that offers both sides what they want amount to supporting Israel?
the only thing that is preventing the road map from progressing is EU sponsored palestinian terrorism
or american sponsered israeli terrorism
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
eu sponsered?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
eu sponsered?
i know doesnt even make sense!
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eggy Hog)
An interesting fact. The most common name for a boys born in Brussels this past year was Mohammed
Makes the whole first name redundant really when they all call their kids the same thing. The only people that call their kids Jesus are either yanks, brazilians, or african.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (389)
67.3%
No (189)
32.7%

Watched Threads