Turn on thread page Beta

Its "hip" to be antiamerican watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MurphysMoment.)
    In a word yes it is hip to hate America; and to the people that do: use your History books boys and girls just about everything you believe in anti America; pro America has some sort of contradiction or lacks 100% solid facts.
    it might be hip to hate america, see the list on page8...

but its so totally not hip to hate me!

ReputationRep:
    Most people in the UK have no idea about Texas or even country music. All they think of is some old guys playing so slow maybe they'll die before the song is over, or maybe they have parents that listen to real old stuff. I listen to country music, it rocks, but what I listen to is more modern. And I agree with CurryADD Texas is a great place, I love it, can't wait to get back there, I miss it, it's home, its the greatest place to live.
    People in the UK think Texans are all hicks, people in the UK think I am cause I talk southern like, but I aint no hick I live in the suburbans not the boonies.
    I have met some folks who live in a one horse town out in west TX that are hicks. But folks who live in the metroplex area or Houston area, they are as normal as your meet.
    Before you messs with Texas pay it a visit, and don't watch those stoopid progams on Channel4 in the UK about Texas they are a total miss representation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)
    Most people in the UK have no idea about Texas or even country music. All they think of is some old guys playing so slow maybe they'll die before the song is over, or maybe they have parents that listen to real old stuff. I listen to country music, it rocks, but what I listen to is more modern. And I agree with CurryADD Texas is a great place, I love it, can't wait to get back there, I miss it, it's home, its the greatest place to live.
    People in the UK think Texans are all hicks, people in the UK think I am cause I talk southern like, but I aint no hick I live in the suburbans not the boonies.
    I have met some folks who live in a one horse town out in west TX that are hicks. But folks who live in the metroplex area or Houston area, they are as normal as your meet.
    Before you messs with Texas pay it a visit, and don't watch those stoopid progams on Channel4 in the UK about Texas they are a total miss representation.
    lol, hicks is my last name! but anyway, texas is better than california in every aspects except the beachs.......galveston sucks!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm........Galveston aint great its OK, though ast August I got stung by a jellyfish, gee did that hurt. Pretty cool there was a lifeguard nearby........

I don't have a problem with hicks anyhow, I spent a lot of time out in the boonies, sitting out on the varanda watchin the odd semi go by stairin out into the stars, thats pretty cool. Though I did have to go back to the Suburbs eventually.. No Mall for 500 miles that was harsh.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm........Galveston aint great its OK, though ast August I got stung by a jellyfish, gee did that hurt. Pretty cool there was a lifeguard nearby........

I don't have a problem with hicks anyhow, I spent a lot of time out in the boonies, sitting out on the varanda watchin the odd semi go by stairin out into the stars, thats pretty cool. Though I did have to go back to the Suburbs eventually.. No Mall for 500 miles that was harsh.
    i can feel the pain!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this post was a joke or not, but it made me laugh:

(Original post by a_musical_guy)
    There are some really good reasons for people to be Anti-American:

1. The annoying spam e-mail which is always American
    2. The way the American government polices the world
    3. The way Tony Blair sucks up to America
    4. American spelling
    5. The way American companies have dominated the internet with spam
    6. The way American programmes force Christianity upon people
    7. The way Americanisms are spreading through the UK
    8. Whatever we have, America has it 10 times bigger
    9. July 4th - Independance from Britain day :mad:
    10. Bill Gates and his shabby Windoze
    11. The way Americans took the country from the indians
    12. Their lack of knowledge when it comes to the "British" accent
    13. The American accent (which a lot of people hate)
    14. The obsession they have with Christianity
    15. The way Americans treasure "freedom" like it's something new
    16. The way faceless American companies have taken all the good domain names...
    1. Nigerian 409 scam.
    4. They can spell things how they like - its their language.
    6. Yeah I remember this one time I watched friends and then Bang! I was made a Christian against my will. That really sucked.
    8. Unemployment figures? I'd really hate america if they had 10x as many people unemployed as we did.
    9. Fair play to them.
    10. Alternative operating system suggestions? Or are you just going to **** off what for many people is the best operating system on the market.
    14. I must have missed this one.
    15. Yes, I don't think more people should take freedom for granted. TBH I'd love to live under a dictatorship. If it wasn't American intervention in WWII we could have been living under Nazi rule. God I hate those american *******s.
    16. Are American companies not entitled to domain names?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaF)
    I don't know if this post was a joke or not, but it made me laugh:

1. Nigerian 409 scam.
    4. They can spell things how they like - its their language.
    6. Yeah I remember this one time I watched friends and then Bang! I was made a Christian against my will. That really sucked.
    8. Unemployment figures? I'd really hate america if they had 10x as many people unemployed as we did.
    9. Fair play to them.
    10. Alternative operating system suggestions? Or are you just going to **** off what for many people is the best operating system on the market.
    14. I must have missed this one.
    15. Yes, I don't think more people should take freedom for granted. TBH I'd love to live under a dictatorship. If it wasn't American intervention in WWII we could have been living under Nazi rule. God I hate those american *******s.
    16. Are American companies not entitled to domain names?
    but did you see the pro ones? you have to admit, you LOVE me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    but did you see the pro ones? you have to admit, you LOVE me!
    I have to hold my hands up and confess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaF)
    I have to hold my hands up and confess.
    i have won the war. i will be back!

ReputationRep:
    Whilst many are a feelin like a dissin the United States.....would you not forget that the first country to create the horrific thing known as a Concentration camp (later used by Nazi Germany) was infact the UK in South Africa.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst many are a feelin like a dissin the United States.....would you not forget that the first country to create the horrific thing known as a Concentration camp (later used by Nazi Germany) was infact the UK in South Africa.
    really? did not know that.....

ReputationRep:
    Yup its true........its the one thing I usually bring up when British people start raggin on me........but it don't really help......I think we should all just have one giant group hug and feel the love.........

ReputationRep:
    Yup its true........its the one thing I usually bring up when British people start raggin on me........but it don't really help......I think we should all just have one giant group hug and feel the love.........

tellietubbies!

ReputationRep:
    tellietubbies!
    hmmmmmmm.......tellietubbies.... ....I don't like the tellietubies...and theres that purple one with the purse...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    hmmmmmmm.......tellietubbies.... ....I don't like the tellietubies...and theres that purple one with the purse...hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    niether do i......stupid load of, anyway!

of course, the Brits invented most evil things. Like gassing Kurds
    Germans invented mustard gas though. nasty stuff that
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    of course, the Brits invented most evil things. Like gassing Kurds
    Germans invented mustard gas though. nasty stuff that
    J
    but einstien created the stom bomb, and he became an american citizen!

but einstien created the stom bomb, and he became an american citizen!
    Yeh, but all the decent scientists from that era were actually europeans who fled to america (nice and safe across the atlantic.)
    The only decent american scientist before then was Edison, who wasn't as great as people made out, but invented the most disgusting system that survives today - whereby whoever is in charge of a lab will get the credit.
    Him and his lab were very good though...
    J

ReputationRep:
    of course the most evil invention of all is British...............that being those darn Tellietubbies.............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Several people probably have some decent reason to be sceptical to american politics and policies, but politicall corectness today is almost equivalent to antiamericanism. I am dead tiered of hearing people blaiming the US (and preferably Israel while they are at it) for everything that is wrong in the world.

All I hear over in Norway is how stupid Bush is, how the US started the war in Iraq just because of Oil (Russia on the other hand was of course not at all biased by the oil market when deciding to oppose the US), and how the US and Israel oppose the UN (meanwhile the UN condems Israels fence as if it was wan arsenal of WMDs ).
    Bush is an *******, he should be more careful with pretzels.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.