Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It has just been revealed that Greg Rusedski has tested positive for the drug Nandralone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/3381111.stm

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, Great Britain was never going to win anything anyways.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    Oh well, Great Britain was never going to win anything anyways.....
    Maybe not, but quite a few well known sports stars are getting caught out over drugs these days.

ReputationRep:
    Go Tim! Go TIm! *waves mini UK flag*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    It has just been revealed that Greg Rusedski has tested positive for the drug Nandralone.

SERIOUS?! i never expected it from him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    SERIOUS?! i never expected it from him
    he's foreign anyway

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, who cares, he's not english, he's canadian. England should just quit at all sports except for rugby and maybe curling - because they are rubbish in every other sport.

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of him
    Don't like tennis
    Not bothered. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh so now he's Canadian is he? So is Lennox Canadian if he loses his world titles or worse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Oh so now he's Canadian is he? So is Lennox Canadian if he loses his world titles or worse?

he always has been canadian...have you heard him talk.

poor darling, he must be deverstated. i feel really sorry for him.

love Katy***

ReputationRep:
    Thing is, Rusedski was never any good at Tennis so in my mind he has always been canadian. Lennox is another matter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eggy Hog)
    Thing is, Rusedski was never any good at Tennis so in my mind he has always been canadian. Lennox is another matter!
    This reeks of hypocrisy.

I'd call them both British if that's how they identify themselves. And Lennox was brought up in my very own Bethnal Green!

ReputationRep:
    We're talking about Lennox Lewis here?

What's he got to do with Greg Rusedski? :confused: or have i missed something?

ReputationRep:
    This reeks of hypocrisy.

I'd call them both British if that's how they identify themselves. And Lennox was brought up in my very own Bethnal Green!
    If they see themselves as British fine but in Rusedski's case, he moved over to the UK because he couldn't make the canuck team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)

Lennox is also canadian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eggy Hog)
    Lennox is also canadian
    I didn't actually know that. Who cares anyway? It's boxing: a sport of thuggery and brutality. Nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)

I just wanted to point out that people would quite happily reject Rusedski as a Brit if he disappointed us, so would they do the same for the case of Lennox Lewis.

ReputationRep:
    Rusedski was also voted sports personality of the year a few years back, so he would have been seen as a role model for kids. It would not be very good for the sport for Rusedski to be banned for deliberately taking drugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Rusedski was also voted sports personality of the year a few years back, so he would have been seen as a role model for kids. It would not be very good for the sport for Rusedski to be banned for deliberately taking drugs.
    but that drug can be produced naturally by athletes bodies, and Rusedski's statement seems pretty confident he'll be cleared. i dunno, he never really struck me as the type. there seems to be a fairly high level of athletes who test postitive for nandrolone and are adamant they are innocent- how they can test for a drug that may be naturally produced by the body? hmmm... it's certainly a suprise.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)

Have a look at the picture of Rusedski on that BBC page...

The expression of his face is such that he LOOKS like he's doped! That's media manipulation for you...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.