'twas the night before.. an exam :( Watch

This discussion is closed.
fionah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
What do you all do the night before an exam? Are you a model student who has already done all their revision and is nice and calm about the impending doom? Or are you cramming madly?

Well I'm sitting here listening to my STRESS notes on a md.. How very fitting. It seems that over my 'revision time' ive gone from wanting an A in each paper (psych) i have tmw, to just wanting a B on one and being prepared to resit the others in the summer!!! Oops!
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I just keep putting it off until the last minute then I'm up til 2/3 in the morning trying to comprehend and memorize what I'm reading. I should be studying now, however we have had tests everyday this week one tommorow and two coming on monday. My brain is fried I need a break.
Um what was the question?
Oh, right!
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just relax the night before, go to bed early. Cramming is not going to be very useful. Just walk into the exam confident you know what you know and you're going to try your best - and that's all you can do.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I do nothing. Sit and listen to my CDs, maybe play computer games, books are forbidden. Then I sleep, wake up, go to the exam, pass, walk out. All my work of the previous month pays off.
mensandan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I check through my work and locate things I have small problems with. These can be fixed easily. Each can be done in about 20 minutes then I have a break. I keep doing this until I run out of time. Usually on or two of the things I looked at come up and this always picks up my grade a bit. Hope the exam goes well, all the best, Mensandan.
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I learn all the important things, the things that always come up, if you get that bit right then youve got an E without even thinking about the rest of the questions then the rest of your revision over the weeks before keeps picking off the marks until you get a comfortable grade.
darknessishope
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I unfortunatly have the horrible habit of cramming the night before and the morning before the exam if it is in the afternoon, then fear during the exam just helps me remember
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm dreadful, the night before an exam i truly panic- i now it is stupid and i know i know it, but i cannot spend the night before an exam doign absalutely nothing. i normally do try to relax by having a bath and an early night, but it never altpgether happens.

however my twin brother is a model student who has just gone to bed before his exam tomorrow and has been watching videos. i wish i could be that relaxed...

lou xxx
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
What do you all do the night before an exam? Are you a model student who has already done all their revision and is nice and calm about the impending doom? Or are you cramming madly?

Well I'm sitting here listening to my STRESS notes on a md.. How very fitting. It seems that over my 'revision time' ive gone from wanting an A in each paper (psych) i have tmw, to just wanting a B on one and being prepared to resit the others in the summer!!! Oops!

Cobb and Rose????????
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have three Government and Politics modules tomorrow and I am going to have a hot bath and probably do some reading (maybe at the same time) just to go over one or two subjects that I may be asked about where I am not confident.

After this I shall try and sleep but somehow I know that this may be difficult tonight!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I have three Government and Politics modules tomorrow and I am going to have a hot bath and probably do some reading just to go over one or two subjects that I may be asked about where I am not 100% confident.

After this I shall try and sleep but somehow I know that this may be difficult tonight!
Three?! Dude! How do you stay awake?!
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Three?! Dude! How do you stay awake?!
The night before any major event in my life I have always had trouble sleeping, dunno why!
emmz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fionah)

wot exam have u got. im doin the as introducing psychology module tomoz :confused:
James_W
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ah, don't worry about the night before. I got no sleep when I did all three Psychology exams last summer.. got 86/100, 88/100, 90/100. Just sit and have a spliff or something.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The night before any major event in my life I have always had trouble sleeping, dunno why!
Plus it's Politics, what a snoozefest! I'm thinking of dropping it even though I'm well into the second year...
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Plus it's Politics, what a snoozefest! I'm thinking of dropping it even though I'm well into the second year...
I am doing the whole course in one year meaning that I have done the first three modules (half of the course) in one term.

May not do quite aswell as if I had taken the course over two years but hardly time for a snoozefest.
fionah
Rep:
?
I am doing the whole course in one year meaning that I have done the first three modules (half of the course) in one term.

May not do quite aswell as if I had taken the course over two years but hardly time for a snoozefest.
Yeah that is the same with me and psychology, still we can resit modules in the summer so that's a nice option to have

I'm doing PYA1, PYA2, PYA3 in the morning - 8.45 start and one after the other. I've learnt it all independently so shant be expecting any miracles. :/ The thing that causes me problems is the fact i've never revised before!! Seriously, I've just gone into exams and never really stressed.. but this year I have conditions to meet (ABB!!) so it's kind of putting the pressure on a lot. I'm already 18 going on 19 so I don't want to spend ANOTHER year at home!!!
starry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Good luck!
Kyrotec
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I just read my notes several times - kinda sticks in memory. Revising till bout 11 night b4 is kewl then in morning keeps it nice and fresh ! Other peeps find it stressful... but my method
Also, if it's history or something night b4 u revise central dates, reforms etc + quotes which get u mega marks!
fionah
Rep:
?
(Original post by starry)
Good luck!
Aww thanks!! Couldnt possibly go to sleep yet (just not my sleeping pattern to go to sleep at this hour!!!) so i'm sitting around trying to relax etc. Keep thinking of names of ppl (ie rotter) and then get worried that I don't know what they did!! Oh well. I'm just hoping to get a good grade in 1/3
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads