Report 16 years ago
natwest

love Katy ***
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you want lots of interest, i'm afraid a bank isn't really for you. Try a building society such as Halifax or nationwide.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nationwide for the best rate apparently.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have an HSBC account, they're very good. I have a £500 limit on my credit card and £200 limit on my debit card - it's quite reasonable.
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
when i turned 18 my bank/building society/halifax sent me loads of stuff on changing my account and stuff.

couldn't understand all the jargon and abbreviations for love nor money :confused:
Goat
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Get nationwide and natwest!

nationwide for interest and natwest for solo card. You can bank online with both.
Goat
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Goat)
Get nationwide and natwest!

nationwide for interest and natwest for solo card. You can bank online with both.
Unless your 18 and then you dont really need a solo card.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I reccomend the bank of elpaw. they'll be very happy to take your money.

i mean take care of your money.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've been with HSBC for ages, and cant say i've got any complaints.
The interest rate isnt that high i dont think though.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whatever you do, NOT Barclays! Even their own director (or someone like that) said he wouldn't borrow at their rates. He later said he was quoted out of context...
Goat
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Whatever you do, NOT Barclays! Even their own director (or someone like that) said he wouldn't borrow at their rates. He later said he was quoted out of context...
My uncle worked for them and he said he didnt like the may they handled the money. Dont know what he meant though.

Anyway I have a Barclays account with £3.15p in! Actuakky they havent sent me a statement for a while...can they close my account without telling me?!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My friend who has no clue about business or banks says he's going to be getting 27% interest at Barclays when he starts his student account. I'd recommend this account to anyone who wants a high interest rate, if such an account existed

He didn't even know what the Dow Jones, Nasdaq or the FTSE was.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Goat)
My uncle worked for them and he said he didnt like the may they handled the money. Dont know what he meant though.

Anyway I have a Barclays account with £3.15p in! Actuakky they havent sent me a statement for a while...can they close my account without telling me?!
they can't close an account if there is still money in it. i say let it sit there and accumulate interest for the next 50 years, you might get £3.16 in the end.
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
I have lots of money

I want to put it in the bank.

I want to earn lots of interest

I want to be able to view my money on the internet

-----------

Which bank (and service) would you recommend? :cool:
what's up with your list of nice people?
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Goat)

my dad used to be a partner in a surgery and barkleys managed to "loose" all the staffs wages.

love Katy ***
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Barclays security is so s**t, many scams go on in my area involving people nicking money from the accounts of Barclys customers. Shocking.
Goat
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
they can't close an account if there is still money in it. i say let it sit there and accumulate interest for the next 50 years, you might get £3.16 in the end.
Thank god!

I would be devasted if id lost my £3.15!

Apparently I dont get interest with less than £10 in there though so I can only dream of £3.16
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads