Visit website

Scroll to see replies

its all in the mind... not how u dress :p:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
i was confused by the whole 'rah' thing until someone directed me towards this article. hilarious and very informative! http://durham21.co.uk/archive/archive.asp?ID=609
pheebs xx
Reply 22
RobbieC
You probably could own a RAH, if you happened to be said 'daddy' that fed such RAH with the designated silver spoon.

But saying as im 17, with no children, and no money to feed my non existant child with nor do i even own a silver spoon ... it is impossible for ME to own a rah :biggrin:
x Hols
If you're a male Rah you'll wear a polo shirt with the collar upturned. You also might wear boat shoes. You'll probably be Southern too.
Edit: I am not having a go at Southerners, merely stating that the majority of Rahs live in the South. I myself am from the South, and am not a Rah.

Male rahs like female rahs tend to be up themselves too!

The most obnoxious ones also tend to have gone to an independent school(now i know that covers everything from ex grammar schools to boarding schools) but from my experience you don't get many rahs from state schools. It is a thing of class to a certain extent..... although i have many friends who went to independent schools and do not act like rahs and because of this i don't see them as rahs.

As for those arguing that Hols is generalising things a bit on the clothing aspect, unfortunately rahs to tend to wear this type of stuff-and one very important thing she has left out is that they love the 'gilet'(which is a puffy type of waistcoat that looks really silly). Rahs tend to go around in groups so it is very easy to spot them.

:hello: to one of the best three housemates in Durham! :wink:
probably coz if u acted like that in a state school u wudnt remain standing londer than 5 mins :smile:
Reply 25
Nooooooo not the whole rah thing again!!!! :mad:
Reply 26
it seems to me that its the 'non-rahs' who make it such a big issue, when it really isnt. just accept people for who they are...not what they wear or how much money their parents earn!!!!
What Jocks are to sport, rahs are to money. Simple.
Reply 28
masie86
it seems to me that its the 'non-rahs' who make it such a big issue, when it really isnt. just accept people for who they are...not what they wear or how much money their parents earn!!!!

Well said.
Reply 29
IVE ALWAYS SAID... whoops caps... that a Rah is like clotted cream: rich but thick.

Please feel free to boost my rep for that clever and witty comment... lol :biggrin:
please feel free to boost my rep because I'm impertinant enough to ask you to!
Reply 31
Mattmoy_2000

damn straight. that woks for me. here you go! lol
legend! anyone else? :p:
Reply 33
"woks for me"

how interesting...
Reply 34
Becca
Well said.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 35
rahs arent always harmless - they can actually be horrible and irritating
Reply 36
Mattmoy_2000

Wh0re. :p:
Reply 37
Wow ... i only asked what 'rah' was ...
Reply 38
Again... clotted cream.... think about it!
Reply 39
AdamC
Again... clotted cream.... think about it!

I am and it's leading me a long way from thinking anything bad about rahs :biggrin:

Latest