This discussion is closed.
DavidBrent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I have 4A*'S, 4A'S and 5B's at GCSE, while I am studying English, History and Geography at A level as well as Maths and Sociology at AS. I am predicted a/b in all of them. Just considering those grades, what do you think are my chances of getting into Oxbridge to study law?
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What do you do of credibility outside of college? You should have decent grades to get an interview providing you have at least your three A's predicted at A Level
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DavidBrent)
I have 4A*'S, 4A'S and 5B's at GCSE, while I am studying English, History and Geography at A level as well as Maths and Sociology at AS. I am predicted a/b in all of them. Just considering those grades, what do you think are my chances of getting into Oxbridge to study law?
not bad, maybe should have carried maths onto a-level and dropped geography ah well, perform well in the interview and i'm should you'll do fine.

oh and apply to oxford, they seem to be less strict on gcse's and i think your chances would generally be better
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I found that Cambridge doesnt like people who are particularly intelligent or confident - I applied there last yr and was rejected on the basis that i was supposedly over-rehearsed. I later found out that one of the successful applicants studying law at Cambridge this yr is nocturnal. The first day he arrived he apparently requested the solitary room in a high tower because he objected to the 'noise pollution' (probably of the ringing bells of bicycles!) and he is never seen during the day other than at lectures. He is also seen cooking himself dinner at precisely 3am every morning and has been known to frequent the nearby forests etc. On such evidence we could be moved to question the integrity of the Cambridge selection process and not be too upset that we wont be privileged enough to encounter the weirdest creatures this country has to offer us. I thank you!
everyguysdream
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
. I later found out that one of the successful applicants studying law at Cambridge this yr is nocturnal. The first day he arrived he apparently requested the solitary room in a high tower because he objected to the 'noise pollution' (probably of the ringing bells of bicycles!) and he is never seen during the day other than at lectures. He is also seen cooking himself dinner at precisely 3am every morning and has been known to frequent the nearby forests etc. On such evidence we could be moved to question the integrity of the Cambridge selection process and not be too upset that we wont be privileged enough to encounter the weirdest creatures this country has to offer us. I thank you!

LOL sounds like a lad in our college nobody ever sees him apart from at lessons and he NEVER goes to parties. Very weird.
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by everyguysdream)
LOL sounds like a lad in our college nobody ever sees him apart from at lessons and he NEVER goes to parties. Very weird.
jeez, not everyone is a party animal, thats not the point to university!
Alexander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DavidBrent)
You need to be predicted AAA (or possibly AAB at the very least) for it to be worth you applying, unless you have particularly-special circs. Your GCSE results are probably below the standard of the average Oxbridge applicant, but doing 13 is impressive and they don't really care about them that much anyway.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They do normally still take GCSE grades into consideration and would probably want to know if you had any extenuating circs which led to your grades because they dont normally accept people with a lot of Bs but then again you do have a lot of GCSEs which could be in your favour.

You will need to get straight A predictions for your A levels. Good Luck.
aliel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Look at his grades: 4A*s and 4As. That's: A*A*A*A*A A A A. I am sure that's fine! Would concentrate on the work you send in and your interview.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by everyguysdream)
Are u at girton by any chance?
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
do you know any 2nd year medics at girton?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads