Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Missed offer

XXX
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ring them up tomorrow and ask them, how are we supposed to know?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
PisTight
sorry i meant do you know anyone who managed to get into warwick eventhough they missed their offer

Sorry I don't, but still, ring them up tomorrow. :smile:
As will be the case with anyone else who failed to make their offer requirements, the university will be not know at this stage whether they'll want to confirm your place. Until they see every other offer holder's results (after A level results are published) they won't know how many places they have available for such candidates, if any.
Reply 4
PisTight
Hello everyone

today i found out that i missed my offer by 4 points

i met the conditions of a 6 in math and a 6 in english though

what are my chances of getting in?

Which course and what was your overall IB score?
bran
Ring them up tomorrow and ask them, how are we supposed to know?

This :yep:
Reply 6
PisTight
Hello everyone

today i found out that i missed my offer by 4 points

i met the conditions of a 6 in math and a 6 in english though

what are my chances of getting in?

Good luck! Ring them up, as others have said, and ask if they will consider you still. Did you have an insurance school?
Reply 7
PisTight
34 overall and my offer was 38

i applied for ppe can i do anything to get in ?

Eep... four points is quite a lot - in the context that PPEs massively popular and I guess people who have dropped one, two or three points will be ahead of you in the queue for any spare paces that might or might nor exist (gah, how uncertain it all is!!! :eek3: )

Like others say, might be worth thinking a bit more about your insurance, or looking into other possibiltities :o:
Reply 8
PisTight
34 overall and my offer was 38

i applied for ppe can i do anything to get in ?

The odds are against you. I remember the PPE massacre on the forum in Feb/Mar (can't remember) where people with perfect grades were rejected...

PPE is one of the most competitive courses @ Warwick.

But good luck
Reply 9
I missed offer as well...:frown: :frown:
apply for MORSE, 37 if MATHS in 7, and I got 36 totally...:frown: :frown: 0 points for TOK...so bad...
IF you degree has economics in it, it doesn't look good for you :no:
Uh, try appealing though I doubt it. I missed my warwick offer by a point and got totally bunned, luckily got York instead though.

but you never know. what course was it for ?
Phantom_X
Uh, try appealing though I doubt it. I missed my warwick offer by a point and got totally bunned, luckily got York instead though.

but you never know. what course was it for ?

What. Did you miss the overall offer or just a course offer?

I was feeling rather pleased, a little nervous, but still pleased before, but now I'm shaking again.

I missed the 6 in IB Maths SL by a point, but got a 40/45 total. My course is EPAIS with a 38 requirement.

What do you think?
Reply 13
bnpkns
What. Did you miss the overall offer or just a course offer?

I was feeling rather pleased, a little nervous, but still pleased before, but now I'm shaking again.

I missed the 6 in IB Maths SL by a point, but got a 40/45 total. My course is EPAIS with a 38 requirement.

What do you think?

I'm doing EPAIS :awesome:

Are you EU or international?
Focus08
I'm doing EPAIS :awesome:

Are you EU or international?

I'm international. Well... I have a UK passport, but I'm still international. I hear there is a push for more international students? Yes? :/
Reply 15
bnpkns
I'm international. Well... I have a UK passport, but I'm still international. I hear there is a push for more international students? Yes? :/

My question was with regard to fees. Will you be paying 12k or 3k?

To be fair, you have 40 points, which is really good. I think your math grade may prevent you from majoring in economics. Hard to say in your case. Hope for the best.
Focus08
My question was with regard to fees. Will you be paying 12k or 3k?

To be fair, you have 40 points, which is really good. I think your math grade may prevent you from majoring in economics. Hard to say in your case. Hope for the best.

I'll be paying 12k I think. But if I am accepted, I'll try to wager my way into the 3k. It's not too important a factor for me though. If not Warwick, I'll have to go to the University of Washington. It's much more expensive in the United States, and hardly any single rooms for accommodation.

How is EPAIS by the way? Is it always EPAIS vs. PPE in Warwick?
Reply 17
bnpkns
I'll be paying 12k I think. But if I am accepted, I'll try to wager my way into the 3k. It's not too important a factor for me though. If not Warwick, I'll have to go to the University of Washington. It's much more expensive in the United States, and hardly any single rooms for accommodation.

How is EPAIS by the way? Is it always EPAIS vs. PPE in Warwick?

I'm not there yet, unconditional for October (41 IB).

I think your 40 points will be looked at favorably. Just lay low for now, perhaps call/ write an email asking how they will look at the situation (though they probably don't know yet)
Focus08
I'm not there yet, unconditional for October (41 IB).

I think your 40 points will be looked at favorably. Just lay low for now, perhaps call/ write an email asking how they will look at the situation (though they probably don't know yet)

Wow, I thought unconditionals were reserved for celebrity/royalty!
Reply 19
bnpkns
Wow, I thought unconditionals were reserved for celebrity/royalty!

I did the IB in '09. Already had the grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending