All Saints - Good or Chavvy?

Watch
thebananaman
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I see so much of it now, I was about to buy a polo/t shirt but I look at it and really, its just a plain T shirt with a £30 logo on it. Everytime I'm out I see so many people in it. Has it become chavvy?

https://www.allsaints.com/
THRASHx
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
I wouldnt say its chavvy really. Some of the stuff is pretty cool the way its vintage and worn-looking, it definitely wasnt aimed at chavs originally though.
Plus, the Kings of Leon are kinda like the face of it.

EDIT - They also have a sale online now with some decent reduced stuff. Sizes are a bit hit and miss but still, its been going on for a while now I think.
explore
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
They have some really nice clothes in there, but I never buy their jeans for some reason, never find ones i actually like. Always buy their leather jackets and jumpers tho, their really nice!
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
not chavvy but quite a few scene kids wear it
edd360
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
The word chav gets thrown around so much these days. It's ridiculous. My 10 year old sister's definition of a chav is people who go to McDonalds late at night and call it Maccy D's, and she also calls any group of teenagers, regardless of where they are, what they are doing or how they are dressed, chavs. So to sum up, it is definitely not chavvy.
red-ona
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by explore)
They have some really nice clothes in there, but I never buy their jeans for some reason, never find ones i actually like. Always buy their leather jackets and jumpers tho, their really nice!

I agree , jeans there are not for me too
kiwietnana
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by thebananaman)
I see so much of it now, I was about to buy a polo/t shirt but I look at it and really, its just a plain T shirt with a £30 logo on it. Everytime I'm out I see so many people in it. Has it become chavvy?
Too common these days ... I'd say over 60% of guys wear it when going out clubbing. I personally don't like the brand now, I like some of their uniquely designed scarves but now meh ... I try to avoid it.
ily_em
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Neither - expensive.
Suis Je Bovvered ?
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I wouldn't say good, because they are too common as kiwi pointed out. But on the other hand, definitely not chavvy.
alwaysanigel247
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
i would say posh topman!!!
Chris Ashby
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by alwaysanigel247)
i would say posh topman!!!
Good description.

All Saints is definitely not chavvy because chavs couldn't afford it and chavs tend to wear trackies and Reebok trainers.

All Saints can be pricey but most of their clothes are good.
THRASHx
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
The quality is a bit dodgey, I have a few shirts by them, id read somewhere the quality can differ. The last one I bought (a few days ago) was just as poor quality as the rest, theyre not really hardwearing but they look good.
Chris Ashby
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by THRASHx)
The quality is a bit dodgey, I have a few shirts by them, id read somewhere the quality can differ. The last one I bought (a few days ago) was just as poor quality as the rest, theyre not really hardwearing but they look good.

Yes very true, their quality varies from one extreme to another (same can be said for the look of their clothes). Some of their t-shirts / tops look out-of-shape even when they're in the shop and the quaility of some of their tops feels poor (however, some of their tops t-shirts are good quality). Their boots are amazing quality. My mate's has had a pair of All Saints boots for a year and a half now and they still look good as new!!!
Curly_hair_girl
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Chavvy! How dare thee.

The clothes are not really to a chav's tasty.
IMO it's good but expensive.
916-CALL-TURK
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Chris Ashby)
Good description.

All Saints is definitely not chavvy because chavs couldn't afford it and chavs tend to wear trackies and Reebok trainers.

All Saints can be pricey but most of their clothes are good.
But there are quite a few 'aspirational chavs' wearing it (e.g. footballers)
username271381
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Good, really good! And I'd never think of All Saints as chavvy... definitely not just saying that because I'm wearing an All Saints vest top right now :ninja:
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I think All Saints is as far away from Chav as you can get tbh.

90% of my wardrobe is All Saints and it's definitely a more goth/rock wardrobe than that of a chav.

Chav is definitely the wrong word to use to describe it.
Floopy
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
I think All Saints is as far away from Chav as you can get tbh.

90% of my wardrobe is All Saints and it's definitely a more goth/rock wardrobe than that of a chav.

Chav is definitely the wrong word to use to describe it.

Do you mention 90% of your wardrobe is All saints is every post regarding fashion, or is that just me?

As for the Brand, I thought the clothes looked really good on the websites so I ordered some, but they felt so flimsy and the quality was poor so I sent them back. Bit of a band wagon'd brand right now, just like superdry. Possibly even the new superdry, in my area atleast.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Floopy)
Do you mention 90% of your wardrobe is All saints is every post regarding fashion, or is that just me?

As for the Brand, I thought the clothes looked really good on the websites so I ordered some, but they felt so flimsy and the quality was poor so I sent them back. Bit of a band wagon'd brand right now, just like superdry. Possibly even the new superdry, in my area atleast.
It depends on what threads I've been posting in - most of the threads I post in are either to do with All Saints or asking which shops I shop in.
Floopy
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
It depends on what threads I've been posting in - most of the threads I post in are either to do with All Saints or asking which shops I shop in.

Seemed to be in every All saints related thread, shame All saints isnt all that though ;_;
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads