Is it wrong that im jealous of my girlfriend having a good time on holiday?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
So my girlfriend has gone on holiday with her friends and she is texting me occasionaly telling me how much of a great time she is having.
She is going to loads of parties and generally having fun.

Is it wrong that although im happy for her, im getting these feelings that id much rather she was at home with me or that i was there with her. I even get a little upset when she doesnt text back straight away or say that she is missing me.

I dont want to become controlling or possesive and this is what is worrying me.
metrostation22
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its not wrong, its just normal human jealousy and most if not pretty much all people will feel like that at some point. the thing is, it only gets out of hand when it makes you act differently. just act normal and happy and text her back nice things and she will most likely think 'aww hes so sweet i miss him' or 'i dunno why hes not acting jealous..which will make her want you more .' also the fact shes texting you saying shes having so much fun etc is cos she wants to provoke a reaction in you and make you feel jealous..that is true..so just think about how she probs is having fun but misses you and is probably not having as much fun as shes making out..hope that helps :P!
Cinamon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its guess it's natural to want her to be a little down that you are not with her. But as the above poster says, she would probably be having more fun if you were with her.

That said, couples need their space and own fun - you need to let her have hers without feeling uncomfortable about it.
Arekkusu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
She'd reply immediately, but she's probably in bed with her girlfriends.
Elynnor1811
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
meh, let her have her own life! if you smother her too much you'll push her away. the fact that she's texting you at all shows that she is thinking about you. don't worry so much.
jlp54321
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nah its not wrong. My boyfriend's going on holiday with his friends on friday for two weeks and im kinda jealous cos id rather he was with me.
At least shes texting you i guess, more than im going to get.
SmackCracklePop
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Jealous that she's on holiday and having a good time? No not wrong at all. However, jealous that she might be getting boy attention out there and thus being insecure about her being away is not cool.
sssdeol1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Shes probably banging every man she can before she has to come back to you
cactus_c
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sssdeol1)
Shes probably banging every man she can before she has to come back to you
This, really.
morg
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
jealousy is wrong, yeah
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Subbing, relevant to my inte- ...situation. ):
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by metrostation22)
its not wrong, its just normal human jealousy and most if not pretty much all people will feel like that at some point. the thing is, it only gets out of hand when it makes you act differently. just act normal and happy and text her back nice things and she will most likely think 'aww hes so sweet i miss him' or 'i dunno why hes not acting jealous..which will make her want you more .' also the fact shes texting you saying shes having so much fun etc is cos she wants to provoke a reaction in you and make you feel jealous..that is true..so just think about how she probs is having fun but misses you and is probably not having as much fun as shes making out..hope that helps :P!
Not necessarily. I text my bf when I'm somewhere without hi, because I want him to be included. Not because I want to make him feel bad, God no.
easter_bunny
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're thinking boo, I wish I was on holiday, that's fine.

If you're thinking how dare she be allowed to go on holiday without me, I'm going to make her pay for it when she gets back, that's not fine.
paella
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Totally natural, just instinct.
Anonymous #3
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So my girlfriend has gone on holiday with her friends and she is texting me occasionally telling me how much of a great time she is having.
She is going to loads of parties and generally having fun.

Is it wrong that although im happy for her, im getting these feelings that id much rather she was at home with me or that i was there with her. I even get a little upset when she doesnt text back straight away or say that she is missing me.

I dont want to become controlling or possesive and this is what is worrying me.
Tbf, I'm surprised a guy's saying this, I'd expect this more from a girl! (No offense intended)

I do get what you're saying, completely. My boyfriend's gone on holiday too, and while I want him to have a good time, I do wish he was back here with me/I'm with him at points. I guess I have underlying reasons for this (nothing major, but still) - do you too, perhaps?

Personally, from the experience I'm in now, I'd give her some space. I think the main thing is, show her you can cope with it. Getting jealous and possessive won't help you or her, and enjoy YOUR time with YOUR mates back here. Keeping yourself busy is also good, and through that send her a couple of texts telling her how good your time back at home is.

The worst thing you can do when she's away is get uptight about it - because ultimately, there's nothing you can do. Make the most of her being away and have some YOU time - and relax!*

*Says me. I'm too neurotic for my own good when it comes to things like this. All in the same boat though!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by easter_bunny)
If you're thinking boo, I wish I was on holiday, that's fine.

If you're thinking how dare she be allowed to go on holiday without me, I'm going to make her pay for it when she gets back, that's not fine.
its not the second thing at all, im glad she is having a good time and i want her two. Id just rather i was there with her, and sometimes id rather she was with me.

Im not being horrible to her about it and im not mad she has gone, i just didnt expect to feel as wierd as i do and that is what is worrying me.
Anonymous #4
Report 10 years ago
Is it wrong to feel like this when your boyfriend is with his friends 24/7...?
Sugarrrlovexo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Feeling the exact same way!! But with my bf lol he's only gone on holiday with his mates for a few days he's gonne be back Saturday night so I'll see him on Sunday. I wasn't able to go because of some stuff that came up. He reslly wanted me to go with him and I did too but just couldn't and before he went he was saying how much he'll miss me etc. However, he set off yesterday afternoon and got there at night... Not a single text or anything from him all day and I was so worried! When we got there all I got was a 'hii' and usually he replies so quick but yesterday he was a completely different person!
So it is absolutely normal I know how you are feeling. I've tried keeping myself busy it's only a matter of 3 days he'll be back soon... So I've decided to let him have time with his mates and haven't really text him that much cos I doubt I'll get a reply back!!
Truflais
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sugarrrlovexo)
Feeling the exact same way!! But with my bf lol he's only gone on holiday with his mates for a few days he's gonne be back Saturday night so I'll see him on Sunday. I wasn't able to go because of some stuff that came up. He reslly wanted me to go with him and I did too but just couldn't and before he went he was saying how much he'll miss me etc. However, he set off yesterday afternoon and got there at night... Not a single text or anything from him all day and I was so worried! When we got there all I got was a 'hii' and usually he replies so quick but yesterday he was a completely different person!
So it is absolutely normal I know how you are feeling. I've tried keeping myself busy it's only a matter of 3 days he'll be back soon... So I've decided to let him have time with his mates and haven't really text him that much cos I doubt I'll get a reply back!!
You're 5 years too late for OP.
wvzzz61
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What i can't u/stand is, if a partner loves you enough, why would they not want you on holiday with them. You don't have to smother each other if on holidays together. If you truly love someone enough, they should want u there. They can still have the same fun with you there.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.3%
No - I have already returned home (22)
13.33%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.42%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.09%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
24.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed