Ga ga?
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
i remember her!

and ollie, as for that one day- as the song goes *what a difference a day makes, 24 little hours*

lou xxx
Found it: Billie Holliday.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
*couchy couchy goo*
sulk
101mphfastball
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
check out the username, im ADD to. the only thing i will ever amount to is a genius i have felt the pain of teachers trying to get the energy out of you too......believe me! my 8th grade teachers fave thing was to make me run up and down the stairs in hopes that it would drain me so i would sit still!
Yup I knew you were ADD I read some explanation in reply to someone a while ago. My teachers use to make me run a lot. I had to run everywhere. I wasn't always noisy or diruptive in class though, most of the time I was actually quiet, I just didn't listen, I had better things to think about, such as baseball, and were the Cowboys gonna make the playoffs........ Though I could be a real pain in the butt........
To this day I have an attention span of a nat. I hate lectures at college. I learn by doing not too much by listening.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 101mphfastball)
Yup I knew you were ADD I read some explanation in reply to someone a while ago. My teachers use to make me run a lot. I had to run everywhere. I wasn't always noisy or diruptive in class though, most of the time I was actually quiet, I just didn't listen, I had better things to think about, such as baseball, and were the Cowboys gonna make the playoffs........ Though I could be a real pain in the butt........
To this day I have an attention span of a nat. I hate lectures at college. I learn by doing not too much by listening.
yeah, same here.....at least with all the running im in shape

some parents the other day complained about coaches giving extra work to their athletes if they were misbehaving (instead of a detention) so stupid......
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, same here.....at least with all the running im in shape

some parents the other day complained about coaches giving extra work to their athletes if they were misbehaving (instead of a detention) so stupid......
Well as a coach and Physical Ed teacher if a pupil has been bad in my class and he's on the team, I'd work him hard, (certian conditions, apply like next time real detention maybe or something) I don't like sport to be a punishment, but I do like students to see success is the result of hard work, my athletes who put in the most work are the best athletes, pretty simple math huh!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well as a coach and Physical Ed teacher if a pupil has been bad in my class and he's on the team, I'd work him hard, (certian conditions, apply like next time real detention maybe or something) I don't like sport to be a punishment, but I do like students to see success is the result of hard work, my athletes who put in the most work are the best athletes, pretty simple math huh!
yeah, but theres nothing like a good work out to keep you from mouthing off......ive gotten out of the pool at times when i could barely walk just to have to do gut checks for being bad....

that feeling sucks!
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, but theres nothing like a good work out to keep you from mouthing off......ive gotten out of the pool at times when i could barely walk just to have to do gut checks for being bad....

that feeling sucks!
That is true, I have to workout everyday, or I get real irratable, and start thinking I'm 13 again or something.

I'll make students do stuff over and over again until there exhausted sometimes, just cause they were not tryin to start with and sucked, and their attitude was bad.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That is true, I have to workout everyday, or I get real irratable, and start thinking I'm 13 again or something.

I'll make students do stuff over and over again until there exhausted sometimes, just cause they were not tryin to start with and sucked, and their attitude was bad.
gut checks you do till you puke (sprints) and you have to do at least 20 even if you puke before that!
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
gut checks you do till you puke (sprints) and you have to do at least 20 even if you puke before that!
Don't do a whole lot of that in the UK, probably why the UK is not that great at most sports, except Rugby right now.......
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Don't do a whole lot of that in the UK, probably why the UK is not that great at most sports, except Rugby right now.......
yeah, and if you get out of the pool and your not smiling, you start all over......coach mcculley drives us hard!
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by LittleLaydee)
I heard it from a friend who knows someboy who goes there, and they know the statistics of working/middle class people who go there and they said there was a massive difference, mainly because lower classes don't apply and the other reason is rejection.
Heard it from a friend who has a friend...
Rubbish frankly
You do realise that overall theres a massive difference classwise whereby more middle class continue into further education, it's not just an oxbridge thing.
They will never reject someone based on class. How the hell do you propose they find out your class?
Question 1 - Describe an antibody
Question 2 - How much do your parents earn ...
HA!
J
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
Yup, I was diagnosed ADD, was told at elementary school I would never amount to anything. Couldnt sit still or ever concentrate in class. never achieved much, other than something to do with sport. Which is why I'm a physical Ed teacher, not Math or English or somethin.....
My brother was ADD and they gave him pills to try and calm him down. Worked when he actually took them. Now hes old enough to get a girlfriend though, and has realised just how much work women are
J
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hello everybody i'm fairly new to the uk learning website, i've been looking through some previous threads, mainly to do with exam results and university. What i seem to have discovered is that alot of people who use this site are highly educated and come from middle/upper class background, and many people got amazing results on their 2003 GCSE exams. Some got all A*'S! Is there any people on here that come from other backgrounds other than middle/upper class?
Well me, certainly.
I'm not one of these annoying people who talk about all the high grades that they got, because, to be honest, my grades aren't all that high.
I'm from a lower class background (and i'm not going to write a load of stuff like lower/middle or whatever).
But luckily i can be highly pretentious if i need to be, so i can try to fit in around here (which i dont, but oh well, why be who i'm not).
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hello everybody i'm fairly new to the uk learning website, i've been looking through some previous threads, mainly to do with exam results and university. What i seem to have discovered is that alot of people who use this site are highly educated and come from middle/upper class background, and many people got amazing results on their 2003 GCSE exams. Some got all A*'S! Is there any people on here that come from other backgrounds other than middle/upper class?
can you tell me how you came to the idea that everyone is upper/middle class?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Another working class person here.

Although I heard myself speaking on an answerphone yesterday and was mortified to find that I sound really posh (albeit with the proper pronunciation of grass/path etc). I was always brought up to speak properly and clearly but it's been years since I heard myself recorded - came as quite a shock.

So much for my Dorrset/Scouse hybrid accent it's gone - I sound like all the people I used to resent during university (the posh kids with "contacts" who'd got onto the course with three Es and got let off with retakes every year because their tutor knew daddy :mad: ).
deadflower1984
Report 16 years ago
Hiya! I know how you feel. I was mortified, and to be honest I feel a bit thick when I look at this, it's kind of masochistic I suppose. I come from a "normal" background. *Tries hard to think back to A'level sociology for the criteria*... can't remember, it's working class anyway. Although that doesn't seem to be too normal anymore, most of the people I know are middle class, I feel poor compared to them, (as well as thick).

I don't know why I feel so stupid all the time, in uni I feel overwhelmed by the way everyone is so intellectual, but they can't all be that bright.I got a scholarship to study there (even if it's not the most prestigious university). And I also got 4a's in my A'levels. I think it's just upbringing that makes other people seem more intellgient than others. (I am trying my hardest to convince myself that I am allowed to be at university, huge self esteem problem here, sorry, this is just my bit of self-assurance)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (148)
60.66%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.51%
No- I want it (68)
27.87%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads