Tragedy is the new comedy.... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
AN ECCLES TRAGEDY

You are a robin. You are born in Norway sometime in 2003. Once you are fledged, you fly around a bit but are caught at the Revtangen bird observatory near Stavanger.

The people there stick a ring on your leg and give you a number: 4E09140. But then they let you fly away into those clear Nordic skies.

You fly around a bit more. Then, driven by some mysterious urge, which only a fellow Norwegian robin could understand, you decide to set off on a 15-hour, 400-mile flight to Britain, where you become only the 40th Norwegian robin to be spotted since records began in 1909.

For some reason, you decide to head for Greater Manchester, where no Norwegian robin has apparently been seen before. Or perhaps that is where you stop for a rest because it has been a long flight.

You land in the garden of a bird lover in Eccles. And then, reports the Manchester Evening News, you are eaten by her cat.

Life can be cruel sometimes.

J
starry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have no idea
Kyrotec
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is this meant to be funny?
MurphysMoment.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Futurama quote:

"Comdey is a dead art form"

"Now tragedy is hilarious"
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by MurphysMoment.)
Futurama quote:

"Comdey is a dead art form"

"Now tragedy is hilarious"
exactly!

I'm sorry but did no-one else find it funny. The bird flies hundreds of miles, only to get taken out by a mancunian house cat.
J
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
exactly!

I'm sorry but did no-one else find it funny. The bird flies hundreds of miles, only to get taken out by a mancunian house cat.
J

There is a certain irony there, yes..

Bless it.
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what was this for....a piece of dead crap !!!
Sorry for the pun
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (235)
61.52%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.71%
No- I want it (104)
27.23%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.54%

Watched Threads