What is it with all these What Uni should I go to threads? Watch

This discussion is closed.
MurphysMoment.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Is it just me or does everyone else feel there is far too many "ADVICE WHAT UNI SHOULD I GO TO NOTTINGHAM OR WARWICK OR CAMBRIDGE OR LSE" etc.

You obviously applied to them because they all some how appealed to you or you just wanted to fill up gaps in you application. Best advice to everyone who wishes to post another thread like this is to just go and have a look at the universitites at the open day and MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND after seeing which one suits you best!
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
People like me however are taking a wild shot coz' I've never been to all those Unis and had to base my choice on hearsay. Risky but yeh.
kildare
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MurphysMoment.)
Is it just me or does everyone else feel there is far too many "ADVICE WHAT UNI SHOULD I GO TO NOTTINGHAM OR WARWICK OR CAMBRIDGE OR LSE" etc.

You obviously applied to them because they all some how appealed to you or you just wanted to fill up gaps in you application. Best advice to everyone who wishes to post another thread like this is to just go and have a look at the universitites at the open day and MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND after seeing which one suits you best!
Most people are just asking for another perspective (perhaps of someone who already studies there). If you don't like the threads then just don't open them, it's not that complicated.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Most people are just asking for another perspective (perhaps of someone who already studies there). If you don't like the threads then just don't open them, it's not that complicated.
true... it's impossible that you will know everything there is to know about a particular university.... so you ask other people's opinions
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Still, it's better if you go visit the places yourself so you can get a feel for the place. Even if your friends, etc like it, you might not.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (244)
61.93%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.57%
No- I want it (106)
26.9%
No- I don't want it (26)
6.6%

Watched Threads