Taste of Honey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
What are the rules about putting posters up in Halls? Does it depend on the Hall?

If Blue-Tack or whatever isn't allowed, are there any ways of getting around it?

:o:
Preasure
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hiatt Baker said to not use blue tack I think, but we did get a cork board that took up most of one wall. Everyone put up posters anyway, as long as you didn't rip all the paint off the wall they didn't care.

Other halls might be different though.
angel_night
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
rather than using blue tac, definitely go for white tac!! even with that though it left a heck of a lot of marks on my wall however, my senior resident didn't actually care about some white tac marks as long as we hdnt taken paint off the wall . so yeah, it depends where you get placed! i was at richmond terrace
alexsheppard11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
my UH room was covered in photos, and no complaints after 2 inspections that i know of
Carpediemxx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Meh, as long as you dont ruin your room most people wont care.

I even drilled 4 holes in my wall and never got a complaint
Amy-Margarita
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The rules in my brother's room was that he wasn't allowed to put posters up, but he did anyway and used blue tac and it wasn't a problem so I shouldn't worry too much xxx
atheistwithfaith
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No-one will care, on the off-chance of a room inspection they might say "You aren't allowed posters" but just ignore them and they will do nothing about it.
jayshivatime
Report 9 years ago
On the off chance you may be reffering to the public areas of the uni halls [i.e. to promote a society you are involved in] then there is usually designated cork board areas (that are a bit limiting) and a general ettiquette to clear permission first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (157)
59.25%
No I haven't decided yet (62)
23.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.36%

Watched Threads