College / Universities in the UK

Watch
This discussion is closed.
xCK 06x
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hello everybody!

I am an American student in high school currently, though I have been researching to go to college in the UK for many years. MY eyes are currently set on Richmond University in London. I have been looking forward to going to this college for a long time. Though, there are still some questions on my mind. I am taking my SATs this year (nation test that tests your verbal and math reasoning in the US), would anybody know what score you would need by any chance? Also, if my dreams of being accepted into Richmond are not meet, could anybody inform me on any other colleges that would be good for me to apply to (I am not sure if it matters if I live in the US or not). Thank you all so very much for reading this, and thank you in advance for all help!
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The UK is horrible, cold and gloomy.... plus, it's expensive. Why on earth would you want to study here? If I were you, I would be looking at some sunny Florida Universities. :cool:
a_musical_guy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Here's the admissions page:

http://www.richmond.ac.uk/admissions...uirements.html

It might be better if you look at the degree scheme you want to do first.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
The UK is horrible, cold and gloomy.... plus, it's expensive. Why on earth would you want to study here? If I were you, I would be looking at some sunny Florida Universities. :cool:
california for me mate! san diego here i come!
xCK 06x
Yea, I'm going to have to determine what I want to do first. I want to study in the UK because I want the experience of a diffrent country, it's just something I want to do. Possibly diliking where I live plays a role (the state).
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by xCK 06x)
Yea, I'm going to have to determine what I want to do first. I want to study in the UK because I want the experience of a diffrent country, it's just something I want to do. Possibly diliking where I live plays a role (the state).
and what state would that be mate? ive lived in texas louisiana and california!
xCK 06x
Buffalo NY. I've seen a lot of my country though only lived in the Buffalo area. I live close to a very polluted lake, haha I'm not too found of this place.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by xCK 06x)
Buffalo NY. I've seen a lot of my country though only lived in the Buffalo area. I live close to a very polluted lake, haha I'm not too found of this place.
is it near NYC? i love the united states.....ive been to britan, its ok, but the food just doesnt compare
xCK 06x
Its very far away from NYC, I'm A LOT closer to Canada. Its about a 12 hour drive to NYC (I think). I'm excited about (hopefully) studying in the UK, if all goes according to plan.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
california for me mate! san diego here i come!
what happened to harvard?
xCK 06x
Is their anyplace where I can find a list / search engine of uni in the UK? Thanks!
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.ucas.com/instit/index.html

There is also information for international applicants here.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (130)
59.09%
No (48)
21.82%
Not sure (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads